Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome to the forum from Ashtabula County! I plan to get a Simplex at some point (currently using an ACE 300) so I can't really give you any tips on how to use it but I would suggest thoroughly reading the manual. If you want I could give you links to a couple old maps of the area, they're online and free to use but it took me a while to find em when I first started.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chrislarew

Dec 14, 2020
Madison, OH
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for replying i have watched alot of videos on the simplex+ as well as detecting but i hear its not the same until you get your detector and learn it. I don't see many clubs for up in this area that was the purpose of the post to see if anyone knew of any in lake county or near it. with covid i know alot of clubs haven stop meeting. i would love the links to the maps as all of this is new to me. i shouldn't have waited till i was 51 to start it up. hopefully i'll be able to find a few detecting people in the area to learn things from. Once again thank you for the info and have a great week.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I lived in Madison 3 times for 6 total years working at Perry Plant ('88-'94). Loved it there but the plant was working me to death so I moved on. Also did a lot of swinging in the area - got lot's of silver from the ball fields. Hope I left you some :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread