What's new

Bell County Cherokee Treasure Story

GaBnn3

Full Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2004
Messages
166
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Has anyone in or around Bell County looked into that Cherokee Treasure story? I used a web site to attempt to verify death records, and can not find a Lakely in either 1932 or 1933.
 
Hi,

You might want to check out the name "Blakely" as well. There was a little confusion about the name down in the Frakes area. Also, look up a Doug Hammontree down in that area. He is well versed on the story and a great guy to boot. Roy Price also lives down that way. He knows the story. Mike Steely has a book out and he used to live near there. Roy might know how to get ahold of him. Good luck.

Sincerely,
Cavers5
 
Thank you both for the response. Cavers, are you in the area? I'm not. If so, want to partner up? I'm a puzzle solver, hoping to crack the code. Let me know if interested. Thanks again.
 
Thanks for the info. I've noticed some of your posts in the past, and am impressed with your research skills.
 
Are you still active brother. I want to try and help
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom