Bell Rattle

Brian150

Jul 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo.JPG Hello everyone,

I am new to this site, but not to the world of treasure seeking. While out over the weekend going through some sidewalk sales at local antique malls, I came across this bell rattle. It seems the 2-3 people that own them and are trying to sell them online also are in the dark as to what to call it and where it may originate from. It is 8" long, quite heavy, and has the most wonderful tone in a jingle I've ever heard. Great patina, I'm thinking brass because of the color. Any info on it would be appreciated, thanks to all and happy hunting.
Brian

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
1st - I noticed this is your first post - so, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
2nd - You didn't mention your state (or country) - but you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
searched.gif
3rd - I searched Google and found a super thread talking about all the possibilies (with pictures) on Old Metal Rattle...

OP
OP
B

Brian150

Jul 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st - I noticed this is your first post - so, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
2nd - You didn't mention your state (or country) - but you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
3rd - I searched Google and found a super thread talking about all the possibilies (with pictures) on Old Metal Rattle...

Thanks, seems we navy folks take care of our own. USA Kenosha Wisc.

OP
OP
B

Brian150

Jul 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Btw, the thread helped. Waiting for info from 3 sites re: bells. Very high possibility that we won't ever know though. 2 top bell collectors have been stumped by these bells for decades. Again thank you.

OP
OP
B

Brian150

Jul 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks you for the info, seems we prior navy help our own...lol. The google link helped the most, but even she says this bell has stumped her for decades. The Asian/Indian ref. was close but the descriptions given on 3 other sites are of bells less than half the size of the one I purchased...for $1 I might add. Again, thanks. Brian...Kenosha Wi. USA AO3 USN 82-86

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread