Belt and pouches

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
I'm using construction work trousers. They have many pockets to carry everything you need. With two hanging pockets, the other one for goodies, and the other for crap. There's also pockets for kneepads, for those who use them. :)

Something like this:
5223-1800_5a.gif

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
O.K. here`s my gear. I got a belt from lowes, a webbed pouch from kellyco. A predator model 85 digging tool for the yards and places you don`t want to leave a mess. A predator mauler for the woods/fields (these predator tools are tough). A canteen is a must, and a multi-tool comes in handy alot. I also carry a ruger 9mm on my belt only in the woods for copperheads and the "tough" neighborhoods.

Attachments

• HPIM1929.JPG
    HPIM1929.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 1,134
  • HPIM1930.JPG
    HPIM1930.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,116
  • HPIM1932.JPG
    HPIM1932.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,100

seagullplayer

Aug 13, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 & ACE 400, ACE Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been using a cheap two pocket cloth nail apron, they work find, and because they are cloth, the stuff stays put.
But I found a used, unused leather tool belt at a yard sale this weekend, $2.
I used it last night, I have to figure out something to hold the pointer better, but otherwise...

Evolx10

Dec 20, 2007
Bronx - NY
Detector(s) used
DFX-300, M6
My Bullseye pin-pointer fits in an old cellphone holder (old stick cell phone), Lg hunting knife in sheath -all put on the belt that holds up my pants. then the tattered kellyco version of the .99 cent nail pouch, one knee pad, one knee high shovel. The rest stays in my Chair-Pack- (good for taking breaks in the woods)..

"the rest" consists of: Different Coil with attached lower rod, misc cloth sheaths for when dirty tools are packed up, small garden shovel, spare battery pack, a S@&1 kit for those rare fertilizing emergencies (TP, hand wipes etc), Headlamp in case of a solar eclipse, homemade rain cover for detector box, water & snack.

All packed up -detector included -weighs about 20-24 lbs, once hunting packs drops to near 10 lbs.
this is all for woods hunting only, when i hit the beach or the park i carry nothing but my detector-belt items, and some water.

Attachments

• Packed-Up_WbComp.jpg
    Packed-Up_WbComp.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 869

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Great ideas guys! I just started working on making my 3 pouch tie-on apron better. I purchased one of those nylon utility belts and now I just have to fill it up with pouches and sheaths and stuff. The best part about that type of belt is it doesn't loosen up and is a cinch to put on and take off.

DragoSapien

Dec 2, 2007
Fort Stockton / Iraan, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's what I made. I hope to start one that is western style with a canteen holder, a multi tool pouch, and a rock hammer holder.

002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
That's pretty cool DragoSapien. I hope you have another pouch on the other side for trash though ;)

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I like that Drago but wonder about sticking a digger into my pants.
I want one that I can strap on when I get out of vehicle and drop fast when I get in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions