What's new

Benedict Arnold Could Have Done No Worse (with photographs)

Half-Hound

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2010
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
My Nose
Saturday, September 4th, 2010

I know I’m a full-blooded Half-Hound but I feel like a Benedict Arnold! I did dimes today, a full box. I don’t even like dimes. Dimes are too small and I’m too clumsy. I dropped most of them, and I lost a few. But I found 3 silver Roosevelt dimes and a 2005 British Five Pence coin. All three dimes were 1964. I received a silver dime in change about 10 or 12 years ago, but these are the first silver dimes I have ever found while coin roll hunting. I did have fun!

I suspected the 4th coin was not a regular dime because the silver-colored edge was a bit wide, and the reeding (ridges on the edge) was spaced differently.

True to my breed, I did find the 1967 half today, too.

Half Hound
 

Attachments

  • LITE Benedict Arnold - 1.webp
    LITE Benedict Arnold - 1.webp
    310.8 KB · Views: 574
  • LITE Benedict Arnold - 2.webp
    LITE Benedict Arnold - 2.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 558
  • LITE Benedict Arnold - 3.webp
    LITE Benedict Arnold - 3.webp
    216.2 KB · Views: 551
  • LITE Benedict Arnold - 4.webp
    LITE Benedict Arnold - 4.webp
    270.5 KB · Views: 567
Upvote 0
Holy crap, if you are finding animal tusks in your dimes it might be time to find a new bank! j/k, cool finds, man.
 
I did two boxes of dimes last week. All I got was the five pence. It was a bit wide so I knew it was some type of foreign coin.

I did set aside two rolls that one each of coins so dirty I could not tell if they were clad or silver (I use a 20-40x stereo microscope to edge sort). I'll have to bust them open when I get home from work.
 
3 out of a box is pretty good but you don't have to pull your teeth for pics. HH Mark
 
Good score on the dimes :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Love the pics.
HH..Miner
 
Five Pence piece is very common. I don't know why. So far, I've gotten like 5 of them so far this year. You'll find that Canadian clad dimes are common too, although I did get a very worn 1936 Canadian dime last week. It was my only keeper in that box. Dime skunks are very discouraging because dimes are a pain to get rid of.
 
EpsilonMinus said:
Holy crap, if you are finding animal tusks in your dimes it might be time to find a new bank! j/k, cool finds, man.
lol! i laughed for like an hour after i read this hahahaha!
nice score on the dimes and the 40er! keep it up and hh!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom