What's new

Bens???

rwb83

Full Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
211
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
I've found 16 90% Kens and 4 90% Walkers so far and not a single Ben...is this normal? I would of thought the Walkers would of been harder to come by then the Bens.
 
Upvote 0
rwb83 said:
I've found 16 90% Kens and 4 90% Walkers so far and not a single Ben...is this normal? I would of thought the Walkers would of been harder to come by then the Bens.
It is the luck of the Silver dumpers mistake really, we have had Boxes that yielded as many as 7 Walkers B4 and no Bens.
 
Bens are rather ugly in my opinion, would much rather have Walkers.
 
AGCoinHunter said:
Bens are rather ugly in my opinion, would much rather have Walkers.

Agreed...the Walkers are beautiful, but I was still surprised that I haven't gotten one yet. Now, I want a Ben just because I haven't gotten one yet. lol
 
Well I haven't run the numbers - but if you figure that they minted the Walker from 1916- 1947
and the Ben was only issued from 1948- 1963, this should mean that there are less Bens around.
Argentium.
 
Argentium said:
Well I haven't run the numbers - but if you figure that they minted the Walker from 1916- 1947
and the Ben was only issued from 1948- 1963, this should mean that there are less Bens around.
Argentium.
But you must figure into the equation the collectors collect[ed] them- in fact that is the only way we can get them from Banks today, old collectors just dumping them, same for Bens really and in a large segment too of the 64 Kens too.
 
Yeah , good point Obe ! So many variables enter into this . Argentium.
 
AGCoinHunter said:
Bens are rather ugly in my opinion, would much rather have Walkers.
I'd rather have a Ben over a Barber. No, not really, but I really love to get Bens.
 
Argentium said:
Well I haven't run the numbers - but if you figure that they minted the Walker from 1916- 1947
and the Ben was only issued from 1948- 1963, this should mean that there are less Bens around.
Argentium.

Argentim,

What you say does make sense, but if you factor in the fact that I've gotten 16 1964 Kens that were only made for 1 year, it makes you go hmmmmmm? But The bens are different looking than the 64 ken's so that is in immediate attention grabber of the non-coinroll hunters and I'm sure they get plucked more often by that group of people.
 
Total mintage:
'64 Kennedys: 433,460,212
ALL Bens: 481,731,410
ALL Walkers: 485,338,421
ALL Barbers: 135,915,872

That should give you an idea why we see more '64s rather than others...
 
Fredness said:
Total mintage:
'64 Kennedys: 433,460,212
ALL Bens: 481,731,410
ALL Walkers: 485,338,421
ALL Barbers: 135,915,872

That should give you an idea why we see more '64s rather than others...

LOL true!
 
rwb83 said:
I've found 16 90% Kens and 4 90% Walkers so far and not a single Ben...is this normal? I would of thought the Walkers would of been harder to come by then the Bens.

how many boxes you search to get that? I would say i find more walkers then bens too... but i like bens better, cause i see them as 100s of crh :P, also they tend to be thicker so that gets my eye too
 
thats odd...i havent found a walker but have found a ben?????? wonder why :dontknow:
good luck, hope ur next box is soolid bens!
 
CHAINCHOMP said:
thats odd...i havent found a walker but have found a ben?????? wonder why :dontknow:
good luck, hope ur next box is soolid bens!

Thank you that would be very cool!!! In that case I hope your next box is solid Walkers!
 
yep, it all is just luck. I find more Bens then Walkers in my area. :icon_scratch:
 
If your pulling 90% just be happy. I have not pulled a walker since early this year.

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom