Bensenville ohare expansion area

montecristo

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2005
Hi every body i am kind of new at posting my computer skills are not that good. I used to live in one of the homes that are being torn down. due to the ohare expansion. I used to hunt my back yard all the time found the usual trash but also some good coin finds and a burial of old bottles. this is the perfect place to hunt there is about 400 empty homes and open fields along the north side of Irving park rd I usually ask the security officer that drives around in a white car first and seems to be cool as long as you don't mess with the homes just the back yard your OK. I use the minelab explorer 2 and pulse star and also have the okm rover c that i bought five years ago my reason for having these is that i go to l Mexico and hunt the mountain's for buried gold coins, I wish I had more time to spend down there but it only get two weak vacation. So i practice up here. I plan to hunt ohare this weekend hope to see others there.

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have talked with security and they said they chase people out. Cant go on any of the property that is past the sidewalks.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Sounds like you've got a good rapport with the security guy. Tear it up!

Twistidd and I were told by Bensenville PD they would respond if called by security and it would be a trespass charge, so we skipped hunting there. Security there has chased off several hunters I know of but if you've got an okay by them congrats and go at it. I'd like to know what you get on the north side of Irving Park aropund the older homes and businesses there, bet it'll be great hunting!

OP
OP
M

montecristo

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2005
Hey guys, yes I did get to know one of the security guys there since i was the last one to move from my block. When i lived there i searched all The houses around me the security guard didn't mind. know today when I went I called the bensenville police and asked if I could hunt there parks and said it was OK since they still own them there is still a few families living there in the area. bensenville and ohare don't really get along. I searched the park that is behind the town homes and the one along the railroad tracks,but yes ask permission first if you decide to hunt there. what I found in the parks today was a bunch of pennies quarters dimes nickels and one little ugly metal hand holding a ball. I thought it was an action figure piece but it is all metal and heavy. I will try to take a picture and post it.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
montecristo said:
what I found in the parks today was a bunch of pennies quarters dimes nickels and one little ugly metal hand holding a ball. I thought it was an action figure piece but it is all metal and heavy. I will try to take a picture and post it.

Could be an old "door-knocker". . . cool find. . . have a good hunt!
watercolor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread