Bering Sea Gold Nome Blog - Andrew Lee

AK_Au_Diver

Nov 21, 2013
Nome, AK
Detector(s) used
My Eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I have updated my blog with some more Nome gold mining posts, and have a long list of topics that I plan to post on over the next couple weeks. Most are ideas for posts that I jotted down during breaks while on the dredge, but have not yet sat down and fleshed out, some are going to be based on answers I gave in email correspondence with various people over the years.

safonatt.com

If you click on the "Gold" tab, it will show only the gold and mining related posts. I have disabled comments, because it takes too much work to keep up with the spammers. You can send me email or post on this thread if you have questions or comments.

I have some pictures added, I plan to add more. I seem to not take very many pictures; at least not ones I can share (because they are proprietary). I have not taken the time to figure out how to post a gallery yet.

I did a video journal during my 2011 ice dredging attempt, I may get around to posting those on youtube this year.

Last edited:

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean like steamy show pics or something dirtier?
Like you big piles of gold? :)

LoL! Great work on the blog, keep it going!

OP
OP
AK_Au_Diver

AK_Au_Diver

Nov 21, 2013
Nome, AK
Detector(s) used
My Eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
You mean like steamy show pics or something dirtier? Like you big piles of gold? :)

Here you go:

Bag-of-gold-300x258.jpg

A several pound sample of placer gold mined by Andrew Lee from the floor of the Bering Sea near Nome, Alaska.

It's about 80 troy ounces or about 5.5 av pounds (normal American pounds)

Last edited:

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW! I love seeing stuff like this, and hope to one day hold something similar in my hands...

Thanks sir!

OP
OP
AK_Au_Diver

AK_Au_Diver

Nov 21, 2013
Nome, AK
Detector(s) used
My Eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I put up a bunch of my Nome photos on a Facebook "page", since its easier than posting them to my blog or on this site. You can "like" the page and view the pictures here: http://www.facebook.com/safonattservices

I know it's technically a business website, but I'm not accepting new clients at this time, so I hope the moderators will allow this post. I'll understand if they remove this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread