Bering Sea Gold

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had seen those clips the other day. Looks like a cool show. At least these guys were already established and operating for the most part. GOld rush wanted a hundred oz's to consider a good year, that christine rose or whatever said he needed at least a thousand. Thats alot of op cost haha. Don't we all want that much???

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks Intresting enough to watch.

so when does TRU Tv send Repo Men up to Repo their
Equipment, Or place "Bait Gold" Out there :tongue3:

Just sarcasim to make My point, I Don't want to see too many
new shows on Gold prospecting

Phoneys like TRU TV Will steal the Idea,
& Make trash shows to compete

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
downdeep said:
I had seen those clips the other day. Looks like a cool show. At least these guys were already established and operating for the most part. GOld rush wanted a hundred oz's to consider a good year, that christine rose or whatever said he needed at least a thousand. Thats alot of op cost haha. Don't we all want that much???

No, they weren't already operating. Theya re all greenhorns. The real hunters wouldn't allow the producers on thier boats. I've talked to miners from there who know alll about it.

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ah ok , It just looked like a bunch of them were already in it. Well we will see what happens looks interesting anyways.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These guys were on Gold Fever show a few years ago,and are the real deal......they were in a hotel room and dumped like 80 oz. in a pan from one cleanout

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bill-costa rica said:
are you sure it wasn´t 10 oz ¿¿¿ oh that´s right you would doubt that too :-\
I just received my magazine and I am now willing to bet $$$there was no 10 ounces,in that picture....sorry,I didnt just fall off the turnip truck,have seen an ounce or two in my day.Also I beleive your "boyfriends",childish reaction to the ? proved my point.Good Day!!

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really ? is that necessary? Probably not . nothing wrong with asking questions , pictures can be decieving.

OP
OP
Jrlevers

Jrlevers

Dec 29, 2011
Bentleyville, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesodoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yikes. i just thought it was going to be an interesting show. didn't think i was starting a war. :'(

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope,I spoke my peace.I just call it as I see it.For people that dont know better its fine,but if you are tellin stories then say,so,and dont get upset when someone asks a question!

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One wonders how they mark their claims, do they use floats or drive super long pipe with a red ball on the top? Just using GPS assumes that everybodies gizmo is calibrated to the same standard, some are a little more accurate than others.

Gramps

fortunate

Sep 9, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
garrett master hunter ads 7, excalibur 1000, whites gmt, compass 77b yukon prospector
it's going to be a good show i think. i know a couple of guys up there and they make coin. i gave up salmon trolling in s.e. alaska last summer to go there with my boat and dredge, but made it only as far as sand point alaska...the weather started getting bad. i may go there next late spring, but i don't know. i found good gold in sand point, the people are wonderful, and the fishing is great....the best of all worlds. only problem is my brasillian gal doesnt want to go there...lol

fortunate

Sep 9, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
garrett master hunter ads 7, excalibur 1000, whites gmt, compass 77b yukon prospector
Enid...it's a 54 foot fiber glass boat for salmon trolling, diving for sea cucumbers, crab pot fishing, and jigging for cod, etc. Makes a great live aboard too, when I'm not down in Brazil in the winter'... been diving in alaska for sea cukes and urchins for the last 20 years...

fortunate

Sep 9, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Enid..sorry..i didn't read your question right. i thought you were asking about the boat. The dredge is 18 feet long with a 6 inch nozzle with 30 feet of 7 inch hose run by a dahlke 18 hp vanguard...has a 9 hp outboard on the back of the dredge. it does 10 knots with the diffuser pulled up and hose on it..i'll try to post a foto sometime in another thread...

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great boat! I have always wanted to have something in the 50-60 foot range to just cruise the seas with. Must take a while to move back and forth from Brazil to Alaska. That dredge could come in very handy if you come across some shipwrecks you want to "examine" in the winter time. A good metal detector would go well with your boat, and dredge, and dive setup.

Do you run off tanks or hookah? Do you have an onboard compressor?

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How deep are these guys up there going? and is there more gold in the greater depths? or is it not worth the risk of going after it?
Just curious more than anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread