Best and last eye find today.

L

lohi

Attachments

• Last eye find of the day.jpg
    Last eye find of the day.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 461
Upvote 0
Finding something under your couch cushion does not count as an eyeball find! Neither does the loose change and potato chips that you are thinking about posting next!

Hey Gypsyheart- That was funny. In my defense, I have four boys and finding anything in or around the house is a great find and a treasure :o. As far as the change, no chance, four boys and as for the potatoe chips, once again four boys :D. Four boys also four best friends. LOL ;D HH Lohi

When my daughter was two she hid the remote to a brand new tv.....I have a huge house,.....but till this day I have never been able to find that remote. I even emptied the trash looking for it.Ripped apart everything in the house ,couch cushions etc ... No luck.....since then that tv has been moved to her bedroom ( she is 11) and I got a replacement in the living room. When ever she whines about "No remote" I tell her " why dont you just remember where you hid it and you would have one."....I learned along time ago that to "seed' coins under the couch and under the cushions....that way once a week who ever vacuums gets the coins! Now they fight over who's turn it is ;)

...I learned along time ago that to "seed' coins under the couch and under the cushions....that way once a week who ever vacuums gets the coins! Now they fight over who's turn it is ;)
[/quote]

You are good, very sly...... I fell for stuff like that too.

gypsyheart said:
When my daughter was two she hid the remote to a brand new tv.....I have a huge house,.....but till this day I have never been able to find that remote. I even emptied the trash looking for it.Ripped apart everything in the house ,couch cushions etc ... No luck.....since then that tv has been moved to her bedroom ( she is 11) and I got a replacement in the living room. When ever she whines about "No remote" I tell her " why dont you just remember where you hid it and you would have one."....I learned along time ago that to "seed' coins under the couch and under the cushions....that way once a week who ever vacuums gets the coins! Now they fight over who's turn it is ;)

My 83 yr old mother did that a few months ago to the remote for the TV in our kitchen. We looked everywhere. In the trash, oven, refrigerator, all the cupboards... Fortunately the TV wasn't "BRAND NEW" but it was new enough that my brother went online and found some replacements. We now have 3 extras, just in case. ;D Never did find the lost one.

A 9 year old set? Don't know how much luck you might have finding a replacement. If your daughter is good, you could try and find a replacement for her birthday. I don't know where my brother went but I know there are places online that sell replacement remotes for various TVs. Sometimes the manufacturers sell them through their Tech Service sections of their websites. There is always the possibility of a universal that might be programable to work also. Maybe you can issue a challenge. Tell her if she can find enough change around the house, you will get her a replacement. Put change everywhere, like you say, under the couch, in the cushions... Heck. Put some in your car, maybe she will wash it and detail the interior for you ;) Sprinkle some change in the garden and maybe she will do some yard work.

Wetgreenie said:
...I learned along time ago that to "seed' coins under the couch and under the cushions....that way once a week who ever vacuums gets the coins! Now they fight over who's turn it is ;)

You are good, very sly...... I fell for stuff like that too.
[/quote]

Yah I am sly alright...LOL....I love antique furniture....so when the girls were little, in order for them to be careful with the furniture...I would mark their name on the bottom of things with masking tape or chalk....then I would say"This is your antique,so you have to take very good care of it,because someday it will be in your house" Man,that worked like a charm....kids were so careful not to slam drawers or bang things......But as smart as I thought I was , I got a dose of reality about a week ago, when preparing for a major garage sale....Was putting a price an old glass cabinet when my daughter looked at me and said "Wow ,If that sells I am going to be rich! ' and then prompty showed me her name on the bottom !!!! ;) :D

wmas1960 said:
gypsyheart said:

My 83 yr old mother did that a few months ago to the remote for the TV in our kitchen. We looked everywhere. In the trash, oven, refrigerator, all the cupboards... Fortunately the TV wasn't "BRAND NEW" but it was new enough that my brother went online and found some replacements. We now have 3 extras, just in case. ;D Never did find the lost one.

A 9 year old set? Don't know how much luck you might have finding a replacement. If your daughter is good, you could try and find a replacement for her birthday. I don't know where my brother went but I know there are places online that sell replacement remotes for various TVs. Sometimes the manufacturers sell them through their Tech Service sections of their websites. There is always the possibility of a universal that might be programable to work also. Maybe you can issue a challenge. Tell her if she can find enough change around the house, you will get her a replacement. Put change everywhere, like you say, under the couch, in the cushions... Heck. Put some in your car, maybe she will wash it and detail the interior for you ;) Sprinkle some change in the garden and maybe she will do some yard work.

Actually we dont watch enough tv to justify a remote or a new set....hahaha.....but that change in the garden trick does work! Gets it hoed really quick !

Again I have to say, YOU ARE GOOD! gypsy...showing them how and why to appreciate things of value etc.

My G-ma only knew how to bribe or treaten...... "Do this or, Santa won't be soo nice this year"

Sorry to Hijack your post LOHI... :-\

Wetgreenie said:
Again I have to say, YOU ARE GOOD! gypsy...showing them how and why to appreciate things of value etc.

My G-ma only knew how to bribe or treaten...... "Do this or, Santa won't be soo nice this year"

Sorry to Hijack your post LOHI... :-\

I am sorry also Lohi...But there is only so much one can post on a picture of a remote ....
And Bribes works well as far as I am concerned....That Easter Bunny,Santa ,the Tooth Fairy have my gratitude....

Run with it I am soaking it all in and getting great ideas.LOL HH LoHi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back