What's new

Best box in quite some time-

Jeffro

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2005
Messages
4,101
Reaction score
147
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Wow- I got 35 keepers today-

2 Walkers, 4 Bens, a 2001 PL, and a 2003, a 1965 DDR, and 26 40%! WOOHOO!
 

Attachments

  • halves.webp
    halves.webp
    93.4 KB · Views: 252
  • 65 ddr.webp
    65 ddr.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 238
Upvote 0
That is a very good box Jeffro!! Schweeeet.

It is so exciting to pull Ladies and Franklin's with a very good silver total like you had.

Congrats and thanks for the pictures too.
 
Coolness,

I hope to hit one like this sometime. Thanks for sharing.

Scott (Mid-Mich)
 
Way to go, Jeffro.

Could be a sign of things to come ?

Congrats.
 
Nice haul. What about the '65 ddr? I'm not a coin guy, just silver so don't know the significance. Doncha hate all them 67's- must be the hight mintage of all coins haha. Going to get 2 boxes now- ........I'm not gonna say it haha. HH Mark
 
Nice-

Just like golf- 1 good hole keeps you coming back for more!

Can you explain where the ddr occurs on a 65?
I can't pick it out...
 
Nice box, where did you say you ordered that from again??? ;)
 
ME_CO said:
Nice haul. What about the '65 ddr? I'm not a coin guy, just silver so don't know the significance. Doncha hate all them 67's- must be the hight mintage of all coins haha. Going to get 2 boxes now- ........I'm not gonna say it haha. HH Mark

The 1965 Double Die Reverse is pretty faint, even on a mint state coin. This one is slightly worn, in pretty good shape, so I just made it out. The doubling is evident on the stars and the lettering around the rim. Wish I could get a better shot of it! I use the Cherrypickers guide to search for doubling, they have excellent photos of what to look for, organized by year.

utah hunter said:
Nice box, where did you say you ordered that from again??? ;)


Local credit union. It's pretty much hit or miss. I got 5 or 6 skunk boxes in row once. Usually I average about 4-8 per box. My first box from these guys produced 63 keepers! But that was awhile ago----
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom