Best Coil for Eagle Spectrum?

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The eight inch is a nice coil. Better from the target masking point of view whilst not sacrificing depth. The one coil I don't like is the 15". Seemed an old school design where depth improvement is only on large items and small item depth is lost. Hot Head coil was bad, Hot Shot, well the first I had was good but it failed and the replacement wasn't a patch on the first.

Do love my Bigfoot on the dry sand though. Paid for itself a hundred times over and its light (about the weight of the stock coil).

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
The eight inch is a nice coil. Better from the target masking point of view whilst not sacrificing depth. The one coil I don't like is the 15". Seemed an old school design where depth improvement is only on large items and small item depth is lost. Hot Head coil was bad, Hot Shot, well the first I had was good but it failed and the replacement wasn't a patch on the first.

Do love my Bigfoot on the dry sand though. Paid for itself a hundred times over and its light (about the weight of the stock coil).

I wish I had a bigfoot coil but they go for around the price of my entire detector. I've been getting good performance I guess out of the 950. Still learning the machine though. I noticed sometimes I'll get a solid hit in the 70-80's really deep like 8-9 inches...good hit from different directions. When I dig it and open a hole the signal vanishes so I rebury the plug only to get the same good, deep signal again. Really deep iron?? I don't know but it gets old fast. Just things I have to experience and learn from I guess.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Michigan,
My XLT likes to sound off on underground voids, gopeher holes and the like. I've the 950 and a smaller coil which might be the DD, don't recall as I've been using the GMT so much and not getting out into town with the XLT. What program('s) are you using for your XLT? The after market coils are quite expensive for used items but as long as they are good they do work.....Good Success with your hunts............63bkpkr

PS - I started out in Detroit, spent time in Garden City, Dearborn, Livonia and in 57 headed slowly "out west" and have stayed there. Currently in Northern California (NorCal). Been caught up in backpacking the mountains and river canyons fishing and getting more and more into prospecting with a tiny bit of in town detecting. Found a few gold items in town over the many years but finding raw gold is just extra special fun!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I normally use a custom program based on the preset relic program. Normally I run the Ac Sens at 70-74..the Preamp Gain at 4-6.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maximum 1500 blue max series on a 5900 Di pro is the bomb... I can on clean ground put a quarter a penny and a nickle in a try angle about a foot a part shrink my single over one of them and find all three and Idea them correctly.. it's all about none motion mode and the ability to shrink the target...and with the 1500 maximum blue max it hit hard on a penny I mean hard...white's detectors are the best...will put any eagle spectrum to shame....

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Maximum 1500 blue max series on a 5900 Di pro is the bomb... I can on clean ground put a quarter a penny and a nickle in a try angle about a foot a part shrink my single over one of them and find all three and Idea them correctly.. it's all about none motion mode and the ability to shrink the target...and with the 1500 maximum blue max it hit hard on a penny I mean hard...white's detectors are the best...will put any eagle spectrum to shame....

Well the Eagle Spectrum is a Whites machine liftloop. I find the Spectrum to work amazingly on deep coins so far.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can more than keep up with the 5900 by correct adjustment of the Spectrums. If the ground is not to contaminated then adjust the recovery speed to add depth. Also the motion all metal mode can be deeper than the none motion. If its a site with older/deeper finds the more you accept into the minus figures by adjusting the discrimination setting width the more you increase the depth of detector. You still have the meter to assist with I.D.

For extreme depth then totally open up the discrimination from minus 95 to plus 95 (which means you will hear every fragment of metal) and detect over an area and identify the most common SMALL iron I.D. numbers that are causing grief (down around the 92, 93 area) and then set the detector to reject them. Bigger iron can be identified by sweeping over a target in two directions whilst the few numbers you have rejected will deal with the small. You can add inches to the depth but the numbers you need to reject will vary according to the site and running any detector so wide open does make for a noisy detecting experience.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's supposedly a 5900 di pro that went digital....No.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

what frequence does it operate at 6.5982 well that's the same as my 5900 which is the 6000 di pro, xl pro and that was the last of the anonogle detectors the rest is all a diggetal version of the 5900. any ways you get better dept with a non motion detector and you can get closer too obstical.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frequency is 6.592 (not 82) and frequency means nothing unless you think the early Bounty Hunters which operate at the same frequency are Whites machines ? Again Whites did not originate S.P.D. motion detectors but asked George Payne to design the 5000 and 6000 for them having seen how the Red Baron RB7 worked. The early 5000/6000 models were not very good. Improvement came with the Savo Whites 8000, then a big step forward, after the not to good 6000 Di's, when the pro versions came in.

Perhaps you should tell Whites they have made a big mistake with all their models of the last few years. There's also lots of analog and non motion detectors still on the market but they have been relegated to lower price ranges.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frequency is 6.592 (not 82) and frequency means nothing unless you think the early Bounty Hunters which operate at the same frequency are Whites machines ? Again Whites did not originate S.P.D. motion detectors but asked George Payne to design the 5000 and 6000 for them having seen how the Red Baron RB7 worked. The early 5000/6000 models were not very good. Improvement came with the Savo Whites 8000, then a big step forward, after the not to good 6000 Di's, when the pro versions came in.

Perhaps you should tell Whites they have made a big mistake with all their models of the last few years. There's also lots of analog and non motion detectors still on the market but they have been relegated to lower price ranges.

Uumha

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nearest we will get to his admitting he's wrong folks !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread