What's new

Best day of (re)finds ever

Twitch

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,884
Reaction score
2,359
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Holy smokes am I relieved. I just moved from one time zone to another for the 5th time in 13 years. I maintain my cases by the year I found the points. When we got to unpacking my 2003 case was nowhere to be found. I was not happy, obviously. That being said I didn't have all of the boxes open yet, but I did have all of the boxes labeled 'Cases' opened. Bottom line, today I cracked open a box labeled 'pictures' and found the missing 2003 case. This is one of my 4 or 5 favorite cases. These points were all personal finds in 2003 in KY, IL, OH and WV. The brown square stemmed point in the center is 4-3/8". The 3 Madison's in the center and upper center are each 3/4". The Madison in the top center is my favorite point in the case, oddly enough. Every point equal to or above the top center Madison came off the same site in 2003. The brown square stem and the white Adena two to it's left were found about 5 minutes apart. The drill at bottom center was found about 30 minutes prior. Thanks for looking. Again, unbelievably relieved to have these back.

Joe
 

Attachments

  • P1090619.webp
    P1090619.webp
    173.3 KB · Views: 160
Upvote 0
Great frame with unreplacable finds ! Would have been a real tragedy to have lost it...

Rich.
 
Glad you found them. I too would have been highly pissed if I misplaced a case of Points that nice.
 
Rich - Thanks.

Steve - I'm just glad you didn't say they were all geofacts.
 
Rich - Thanks.

Steve - I'm just glad you didn't say they were all geofacts.

Well I didn't want to say anything ............:laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom