What's new

Best day yet! JAMES SHELL fragment!

Gitschlag

Full Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2011
Messages
148
Reaction score
233
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brandon, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett SeaHunter MkII, Minelab Xterra70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow..... I've gotten pretty used to digging bullets and even small shell fragments out here, but today really blew it out of the water. Large shell fragments, a huge piece of lead from a sabot, and a large James Shell fragment! And of course the usual bullets (mostly 3-Ringers but also a few Enfields).
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 155
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    55.2 KB · Views: 160
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    54.2 KB · Views: 147
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    50.5 KB · Views: 149
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    47.6 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 14
Man, that James frag is FANtastic!! Never, ever even SEEN a frag like that . . .
 
Those are great finds!! You are on a very good site. Enjoy[emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut
 
Thanks guys! Almost didn't even dig the James shell frag, it was literally the last target as I went back to my truck. I did not realize they had an impact detonator, so I'll be scouring that area very thoroughly for more frags (and maybe a complete shell!?).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom