Best Find on Christmas Morn

Purrdee

Dec 9, 2008
Davis Co. Utah
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Best Find on Christmas Morn'

Twas' the night before Christmas and all through my thoughts, all I kept wishin' for was just this one gift....Yep a MD was all I wanted to find this morn under the tree. I jumped from my bed with a hoop and a haller, and much to my surprise Yep....right there under the tree was my ACE 250 detector!!!!

Can you spell E-X-C-I-T-E-D....... that is what I am.....

But gonna hafta wait a while, cause it is blizzardy outside, not to mention brrrrrrrrrrrr...

Purrdee

Upvote 0
Re: Best Find on Christmas Morn'

Well that's a nice present, my wife has a ace 250 & it's a pretty nice machine for her, was easy to learn & she's found some nice stuff with it...
Good luck!

Chris

Thanks Chris,

How long has she had hers? How often does she get out? I can hardly wait to get going. There is a local club that meets around here once a month, I am going to get my husband to go with me in January....

D

Nice find purdee. I'm sure it will be a good machine for you. I've done pretty good this year with mine. Best of luck. But I bet you can't go out because of the snow, right. >:(

You must have been good, Purrdee. Santa was good to ya. :wink:

You will like the Ace250. I received mine three years ago, today. I have found so much with it, coins, civil was relics, even a gold coin. I have gotten another machine, and passed the Ace to my daughter. She likes to hunt schoolyards and it is a great machine for that.

Good Luck with it.

DM

Glad you got something you wanted.
Start reading up on local history so you can have some spots with old coin potential by Spring.
Happy Holidays!
Mike

mikewaz said:
Glad you got something you wanted.
Start reading up on local history so you can have some spots with old coin potential by Spring.
Happy Holidays!
Mike
Already been doing and there's a lot here in Northern Utah,,,

Purrdee :icon_study:

crazyjarhead said:
Nice find purdee. I'm sure it will be a good machine for you. I've done pretty good this year with mine. Best of luck. But I bet you can't go out because of the snow, right. >:(

Snow is right, Northern Utah is getting dumped on right now as I speak (type).. ::) But have been reading a lot about the area....of course one of the first places I will check out is my son's home in Salt Lake City, he is renovating a home built in 1908....so can hardly wait now for the spring to get here.

Don't know if your new to metal detecting,but I was a lil more then a year ago I bought a Ace 250 for myself..it's a awesome machine... actually the wife says I love my machine more then her.she's only partly right I love my machine almost as much as I love her... lil tip is to only keep your senstivity up to 4-5 bars anything more then that will cause false singals most the time... I usely have mine on 4.. also sometimes the Ace picks up rust halos as silver so dig everything under dimes atleast my machine does...

creeper71 said:
Don't know if your new to metal detecting,but I was a lil more then a year ago I bought a Ace 250 for myself..it's a awesome machine... actually the wife says I love my machine more then her.she's only partly right I love my machine almost as much as I love her... lil tip is to only keep your senstivity up to 4-5 bars anything more then that will cause false singals most the time... I usely have mine on 4.. also sometimes the Ace picks up rust halos as silver so dig everything under dimes atleast my machine does...

Thanks for the advice....yes I am new to the "bug"...the only thing I have done so far is "bench test"...years ago while in Illnois, I stayed with a friend whose family's home was an old school house from around the turn of the century. Anyway her dad had a MD and we used it everyday I was there around the yard....that was when I got bit....it's taken me this long to finally decide I wanted one for myself.

We found old bird whistles, a few coins, lots of pieces of this n that.

Purrdee said:
creeper71 said:

Thanks for the advice....yes I am new to the "bug"...the only thing I have done so far is "bench test"...years ago while in Illnois, I stayed with a friend whose family's home was an old school house from around the turn of the century. Anyway her dad had a MD and we used it everyday I was there around the yard....that was when I got bit....it's taken me this long to finally decide I wanted one for myself.

We found old bird whistles, a few coins, lots of pieces of this n that.
With the Ace 250 you don't have to do anything but turn it on an pick a mode.. I usually use either all metal (advise you to use this til you know the tones) or jewlery mode.... here is my very last good find of the year found with the Ace 250

Attachments

• 2008_1210kittennew0014.JPG
    2008_1210kittennew0014.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 468
  • 2008_1210kittennew0011.JPG
    2008_1210kittennew0011.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 457

W.O.W. Now that is really cool.....I have no idea how I will react when I have my first find....but I'm sure everyone here will know shortly after I do.

Congrats on your new detector. Can't wait to see your posts. :thumbsup:

Purrdee said:
Thanks Chris,

How long has she had hers? How often does she get out? I can hardly wait to get going. There is a local club that meets around here once a month, I am going to get my husband to go with me in January....

D

She's had it a year, get's out a couple times a month & has 6 silver coins so far, I'm impressed with it & the how fast she learned it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back