Best find

sfinder

Jun 25, 2006
Fort Dodge, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Prizm V and DD Coil
Found the 1883 in a schoolyard and the 1906 and 1907 coins in house yards across the street from each other. I notice you don't use headphones either.

L

Larry in Iowa

Not too bad this year here in Iowa. 2 gold rings, 1 silver ring, several IH, 1 barber dime, couple mercs, and just recently a 1934 walking liberty half, which may not be worth as much as the gold rings, but it's still my favorite find this year. Something about the way a silver coin comes out of the ground, especially a half dollar, :o

MAINE HILLS HUNTER

Mar 24, 2006
Oxford Hills of Maine
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1911 wheatie was my oldest actual coin but my silver was all from the 40's-62.

For anybody who might be interested I just started a group on meetup.com called Des Moines Metal Detecting. You don't have to live in Des Moines, just close enough to make a meeting or group hunt once a month or so. I don't have an meetings scheduled yet. I want to make sure there is enough interest before I schedule a meeting. If you are interested go to meetup.com and search for Des Moines Metal Detecting.

Eric

Jan 4, 2008
Well, my best find has been an old farriers tool, used to clip horse hooves. Plus the local ghost town where I voluntear at the muesam there.

thebratguy

Aug 20, 2007
Des Moines, Iowa
for 2007 my keepers were:
44 WL half
45 Merc
no date buffalo nickel
6.5 wheats, 1919 the oldest, and yes one was cut in half. never found the second part
1 silver ring
1 silver pendent

dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II sunray x-1 probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540
My oldest find came today, 5 feat away from my house, 5 inches in the ground, in the form of an 1867 Shield Nickel.

JJ in CB, IA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread