What's new

BEST FINDS LOCATIONS on beaches?

detectit

Full Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
146
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Are some of the best, or most valuable finds, around high dollar condo's, & hotel's, due to clientele? Or are there just as many great finds, if not more, at the less expensive motels, because of more uncivil horseplay, frisbee throwing, and "out there" type of activity? Night and day. Anyone find good stuff in beach area's were there is nothing around at all? Secluded areas? Who knows? Could stumble upon a big silver bar.
 
Upvote 0
READ SOME OF MY STORIES
Flickr: Casper-2's Photostream
this page halfway down "the beach: where should I go?"
I found one of my best diamonds at a little town beach
so you never know - a friend found a huge waterfall diamond
ring at a small little out of the way saltwater beach
you never know
 
i am of the opinion that you really cant tell! odds are better for a quality find at a high in resort but sometimes the less well off will be wearing bling. young adults may be more careless than older people? young people are usually very active splashing and getting right in the waves and older people relax on the wet sand? i could go on and on but i guess i would just say you could play the odds but even then you might not win! go to the beach and observe what everyone is doing.
 
Good points! I guess, ya just never know which chocolate ya'll get. Thanks!
 
What I noticed is that fewer coins and other targets are found around high priced condos, perhaps due to the fact that no concession stands or meters are near by. I do find nice gold items at times. I also noticed that ladies diamond rings are found in shallower water than men's heavy rings.
 
"Anyone find good stuff in beach area's were there is nothing around at all? "

I have found this type of area to be productive...perhaps because while maybe there is nothing around at the present time, in the past there may have been something there. Research of the area would tell you the past history of the area.

Good luck out there.

Lorraine
 
We have what we call affluent neighborhoods. That is, beaches backed by multimillion dollar homes. Due to limited access many of these beaches are not target rich. However, when you do hit a target, it's usually a decent piece of bling. Members of the local MD community have pulled rings valued from $10 to 30k from these beaches over the past few years.

That said, the best hunting beaches are the busiest beaches. A decent combo is to find beaches flush with wealthy young adults. Testosterone, alcohol, and beaches are a fantastic mix for treasure hunters. Think Jersey Shore. In fact, that beach is a target rich environment. Find that beach in your neighborhood and life should be good!!!!

As important as where you hunt is when you hunt. A big deal was made on another forum a couple months ago about outing certain beaches. The point that was missed by those doing the outing is that everyone knows about the beach. It's not a secret location. The key to success is knowing exactly when to hunt that beach. What weather conditions will open it up? When is hunting high going to be better than hunting low? Some beaches stretch for miles. Where on those beaches is the best place to hunt? Lastly, in season, when should you hunt, before the depositors show up, or after they go home? Better to hunt a raked beach or better after the beach cleaning crew has stirred things up? Research and experience will give you these answers.
 
The hard truth is simply this, "day in and day out the most successful beach hunter on a given beach is usually the one who is very intimate with that beach." Every beach is different in the way people use it, the way it takes on changes, and how it might be effected by weather factors and shifting currents. Fresh water beaches are less effected but some of this, of course, but saltwater beaches can take on change over night and even during the day and the guy who is intimate with that beach is always on the lookout for these changes and he understands how these factors will effect his beach. So the answer to your question is simply, "get as intimate as you can with the beaches you hunt, and/or those beaches you plan to hunt when the conditions are favorable." I had planned on hunting a great deal this entire month but due to the conditions and circumstances I've not really hunted very much, yet I know if I had hunted a lot I wouldn't have produced too much. I know my beaches well enough to feel comfortable enough to make that assessment.
 
Some great stuff posted here. Thanks, my precious metal friends! Time, and thought. Thought, then time, creates wealth? In all manner of life!
 
If theirs sand under your feet (or rocks) your in the rite spot.
People can/do lose stuff everywhere at the beach. From their parking spot to the breakers.
 
I never expect to find much on a beach that is in front of a condo or hotel and such. It might be because those beaches are close to where the folks are staying and maybe they leave the good stuff inside where they stay and only go out with a bathing suit, blanket, cooler, lotion and sunblock. Whereas on a public beach God only knows what those people bring out on the beach with them. I also try to check out the parking areas where they seem to drop a lot of newer coins and whatever else they drag out of their pockets when they get their keys out or their pocket. But you never know. I'be found things where I didn't expect to find anything and I've ended up not finding anything where I was sure I would find some clad or something....anything.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom