Best I can do.

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
I figured if I posted in best finds I'd have to show everything. My favorites are, my only Walker, the Barber twins, the 67 shield w/rays, the indian with the hole and the spencer dropped.

Not shown is a franklin half but i used a replacement of the same year, a rosie, a buff and one mini ball that are in the garden. Also not shown are more wheaties plus coins given to the owners of the properties.

Also not shown is an antique wedding ring lost by my cousins wife. Her grandmother gave it to her for a wedding ring and it was resized to fit. I found it while they were watching, talk about pressure. After getting a good signal I moved the mulch back and asked to borrow a knife to cut the black plastic. When I pulled the flap back, there right in the middle was a beautiful dainty little lost heirloom. The tears and surprise were the greatest reward.

I lost a small class ring, girls, a presidential token some kind of ancient looking coin, Roman, but I believe it was a replica. It appeared to be brass or bronze painted black. It looked like a seliqua (spelling?) Anyway, I had them once and enjoyed them while i could.

The walker has a special meaning to me. While going to the highschool to hunt I met an old guy with an old whites. He was so good he put me to shame. I watched him dig for 15 minutes in one hole that I couldn't get a decent signal in. I've learned a lot since then but anyway he finally dug a merc at 8 or 10 inches. He kept wanting me to hunt the better area with him but I stayed down in the area where the pull tabs, coke cans and pencil bands were. Finally the made me come hunt a nice side walk close to him. He really wanted me to find something. BANG, out pops a walker right on the edge of the side walk. I could tell he was happy and hurting at the same time. I'll never forget him. The 67 shield is my oldest and it shouldn't have been where it was. The 4 decent rings all came within 10 minutes late one afternoon. All four were my first all at the same time. I just notices the other day the big silver has 9250 stamped inside. Fell free to tell me what that mean for sure. It has two turquoise bands around the outside and a small silver seam seperating them. Other than some pump organ reeds, pocket knives and a few thing I can't identify thats my entire fortune. Probably worth about 50 buck on a good day but they are far to precious for me to sell.

Thanks for reading this long post and thanks for such a great site with a bunch of really great guys and ladys to share with.

In the Words of Karl Childers, "Hope to meet you all summers, Au ight den....................

Attachments

• p1.JPG
    p1.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 596
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Crutch

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
Pic 3

Oh yeah, I don't know what this buckle thingy is but I think it is cool. It was gold plated but that has since long gone.

Attachments

• p3.JPG
    p3.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 581

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my gosh Crutch!!! :o

That's some collection you got going!!!

Really great stuff!!!

Nana ;)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow, tham are some great digs, WTG!!!
Great story also,,, I wonder if all the 67 IH's have holes in them? My first IH was a 67 and it also had a hole punch in it...
Kinda funny about finding all the rings at once... That's something I've noticed about this hooby, is you can go out one day find a bunch of goodies, and then go back to the same place the very next day and not find a thing...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
man! thats some cool stuff! i think th 9250 means that its sterling silver. great stuff :o :o

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Wow thats an impressive collection :o .9250? you shur it isnt 925 then a diamond or other symbol? 925 means silver :)

Z

ZumbroKid

Well, i check your finds over and all i can say is it is a very interesting post. I have enjoyed looking at your finds. The types of finds i see, it will just be a matter of time till you get some seated coins to post. I do not beleive you have missed much, the shield nickle is the lowest reading of the 5 cent nickles. You have bullets and brass pictured, so i can tell from that you dig the iffy singals. Which is a good thing. This is one of the top posts in my view. It shows lots of stuff is still to be found. Your doing well my friend! Keep it up.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a nice haul!! :o

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
COOOOL! Much like you Crutch, my favorite find is usually the last one! HH and keep-em-commin'! Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions