Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello:
So, about now I have used just about every manufactures product, machine and accessory searching for the best quality, value and performance. I want to share with you the knee pads I use... I have paid as high as 40.00 for knee pads in the past , :icon_scratch: and I have paid 10.00. :hello2: I have tried the Gels, the leathers, the plastics, and the best ones I have found, by far are the 10.00 pads you can buy at Home Depot or Lowes. :hello2: They are tough, they last and they are stay put on your knees when you continually stand and kneel all day. They are Cool and comfortable. The only down fall is the strap, that can easily be fixed with making your own Neoprene straps for great comfort. By clicking on the link below, you can see the easy process.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,406626.0.html

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,406626.0.html
2011-06-11 003.JPG

Here are the pads to buy for 10 bucks

2011-06-11 001.JPG
Please DON'T buy these for $35.00 or more... They are bulky and they slide up and down your leg, and they are HOT in the summer.

2011-06-11 009.JPG

You can easily make comfortable straps using Neoprene fabric,velcro and household goop.

Attachments

• 2011-06-11 008.JPG
    2011-06-11 008.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 503
  • 2011-06-11 003.JPG
    2011-06-11 003.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 474
  • 2011-06-11 001.JPG
    2011-06-11 001.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 480
Upvote 0
P

pastorals

Good thinking, Mike. I also read on a thread somewhere that volleyball knee pads were good...haven't tried them though.
I'll definitely check out Lowes. Thanks

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mike a very inventive lady i know she is a hunter also will take knee pad foam neoprene i think and sew them in a nylon sack all you need is a few pairs of good Wrangler Tough jeans at Walmart 10.00 each , she will sew the pads inside the legs of the jeans by the knees she uses a good heavy duty thread that don,t ware out , for 10.00 a pair you cant go wrong , total cost 20.00 jeans 20.00 knee pads they don't slip and very comfortable . :headbang: Jim

joeman

Mar 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro, BH 840 VLF-TR
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doesn't 'GOOP' get Crusty... Eventually? I would have thought that it would create a somewhat 'harder barrier' between the Jean and the Pad, No?

I was told that 'VolleyBall' Knee Pads are about the best for 'Shorts Weather' and was told that you can use them 'under' looser pants.. I might have to try some...

Cheers,

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
I think I will offer a little friendly advice on this subject. Do not wear kneepads. I am a tile contractor and kneepads ruined the circulation in my legs after wearing them for many years. The straps cut off blood flow besides being very uncomfortable. The best kneepad is the 2.99$ foam gardening pad if you must have something to kneel on or a piece of 1- 1 1/2 blue styrofoam works well and is cheap also. The pad may be a pain to carry but that would certainly be better than wearing kneepads in public, just my opinion

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mike... Up at DIV XVII I noticed a couple of hunters that were wearing olive green hunting pants with built-in knee pads. I thought those were a good idea, but I haven't been able to find them. Any ideas?

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
wish I could wear them!!!!!!!!!1

I had a blood clot in my right leg....a real treat.....and can't have anything that can cut of circulation, so now I put up with the blue "garden pad". I sometimes use a homemade coat hanger hook and run it through the "hand hold" hole and hook it to my back pocket or back of my belt. I would rather use the knee pads but this is better than nothing.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've tried basketball pads... too tight, roofer's pads... too loose. I will take a larger pair of jeans (using suspenders) and sew in 2 or 3 layers of cloth with a cusion insert at the knees. They will be my diggin' jeans. TTC

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Woodland Detectors said:

Mike, those would work, but then you have to buy their knee pads. That's not the ones I remember.... The ones I "think" I saw (I've slept since then) had an external rubber knee pad attached. It may have been someones handywork, but they looked pretty good.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 10 dollar ones are great! I use them a lot on long hunts . They also sometimes are avalable in 2 different shades of green in the garden departments. :icon_thumleft:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to work night crew at a grocery store and the cheap $10 ones were the best. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread