What's new

Best of 2018

Hippy

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2008
Messages
361
Reaction score
354
Golden Thread
0
I took a pic over break of the best pieces that I acquired in 2018. All are from Iowa, Illinois, and Missouri and represent a variety of time frames from late paleo to Mississippian. My favorite piece of the year is the notched hoe made of Kaolin flint that I acquired from the granddaughter of the finder.

Hoping everyone has a good year in 2019! I'm hoping this year will be better in terms of finding pieces for me as last year was pretty slow. Although the thrill of acquiring a fine piece is pretty fun also.

Hippy

2018 Gets.webp
 
Upvote 0
Incredible finds, Congrats!!!
 
Beautiful items there.
 
Congratulations. Very nice collection. :icon_thumright:
 
Damn Hippies!
 
Those are very nice!! Love the hard stone & the Graham Cave!!
 
Some best of best there. Do you keep for personal collection or resale at some point? You must have come across some exquisite pieces over the years.
 
Really nice collection , iv been hoping folks would post their 2018 finds I’m still trying to find time to get mine together and take pics
 
A collection to be proud of museum grade artifacts .
 
Always great to see your collections.

Jeff and his dad have a great personal find collection as well. A pretty significant Agate Basin site if I remember correctly.
 
Wow. Very nice. Congrats!!
 
WOW!

You've acquired some great pieces! Keep up the good work!

I haven't heard from your dad in a while. He used to send pics of some of his finds. I hope he's still getting out.
 
Amazing pieces of history!
 
Are those personal finds?

Nope, unfortunately they aren't personal finds. Most of these pieces are the "once-in-a-lifetime" type finds for their respective finders. Most of them have history back to their finder though.

Hippy
 
Some best of best there. Do you keep for personal collection or resale at some point? You must have come across some exquisite pieces over the years.

I do re-sell pieces, but these are mostly keepers for our personal collection. I set up at shows throughout the midwest, so most of these will be out about for public viewing. My take is that, I'd rather have them out and enjoyed by all rather than locked up in my basement.

Hippy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom