Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last hunt's best find was an 1858 Flying Eagle cent.
1858FE.jpg
It's a little hard to read, but from the rim detail it looks like it was dropped in the 1860s.

I do like finding these solid brass buckles. Dug numerous modern horse harnesses here, but they have metal buckles and fittings that are brass-plated, not solid like these two.
buckles.jpg

What farm field hunt does not yield a headstamp or two? These are all 20th century but Western "Field" and U S "Climax" are the earlier ones; the offset of the lettering on the U S headstamp is unusual.
Headstamps.jpg

Found an iron door panel to an electric stater box with this logo riveted to it. I drilled out the rivets to remove this metal label. This is an earlier logo version of a company that was founded in the first decade of the 20th century.
vintage Allen-Bradley logo.jpg

Came across an area of ground that had pieces of quartz strewn about. This one caught my eye as a piece that may have been worked to a point, not certain.
quartz.jpg

Must have been near one of the farm's old dump sites to find this Schick razor. This particular model is probably from the 1950s.
Razor.jpg

A great time out on a beautiful day!

Here's the link to the Flying Eagle dig:

Upvote 15
Great hunt, Congrats on all the finds!

Still use Allen Bradley every day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You have been doing really well! That's a great collection of finds. Always envious of anyone who digs a flying eagle cent. Congrats.

Congratulations on the great finds.........................::icon_thumright:

Congrats on the FE!

Nice post and pics. best of luck to you.

congrats on the great finds, pretty cool stuff and that always make for better hunts:hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back