Greenie
Aug 26, 2008
Windsor ON Canada

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Re: best online place to buy excalibur

If you are talking new, then all dealers can only sell at a bottom line price. They will not be allowed to go below that bottom line. If you are talking used, that's another ball game.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John is right, all dealers whether online or at a store, the price is set. Some will add "junk you don't want" and charge you shipping to boot while other don't charge shipping. You can make your own straight shaft or order it as those prices are not set. The hip mount you can also make easy with a 1" alum tube. I hang mine from my neck with a mount I made from a leg of an alum chair and holes drilled to attach battery pod and controls. An old camera neck strap completes it.

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2

Kellyco has free shipping and if you live outside state of florida no sales tax.Plus Minelab has a Christmas special backpack plus nice acc with it check out Kellyco website i have purchased 4 Minelab Detectors from them and have been very happy, NO OUT OF STATE SALES TAX IS AWSOME,
Also Kellyco sells a black web belt either 2-3 inches that snaps togeather, I have my excal mounted to the web belt its more stable than the cheap device that is provided to hip mount with, and easy to set upAlso purchase a straight shaft, i wear my excal on my side and have purchased a shoulder harness that ataches to the shaft and takes the extra weight off my arm and i can detect longer.Good luck on your purchase and if you decide on Kellyco i know you will be happy and also have a top of the line detector.They also sale long handle beach scoops that you will need for the beach and water, Good luck.

Sandhunter

Greenie
Nov 11, 2008
So Cal
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, PI Pro, Sovereigh GT, Whites Prism 3

I just purchased a Sov GT from Detector Depot, free shipping and great people to deal with.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Detector Depot also has the Sunray probes and Grey Ghost and other good headphones.

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2

I just bought a Minelab X-terra 705 from Detector Depot. They shipped it immediately and I had the machine in two days. They gladly deducted from the price some of the included items that I did not want also gave me an immediate $100 discount on the coupon from Minelab toward the purchase of a mid range DD coil. So, for $715 I got a brand new X-terra 705; Koss headphones; digging tool and other accessories plus the mid range double D searchcoil. They deducted for the carrying bag. The price of the detector was the same as anywhere else, it was a discount on their added items and the $100 Minelab coupon that gave me this teriffic deal.

As for Kellyco, they are also a great place to purchase from. I remember back in the nineties I asked them about Minelab and they had exactly nothing good to say about them, then they got a dealership and now sell the heck out of them. That is beside the point. They are also good to deal with, bottom line is bottom price and either of these two will do the trick for you.

Be careful online, used machines, other than Tesoro, will not have honored warranties.

Also, when you zero in on a specific detector or brand, compare prices within their models. Why save a few bucks on a lower end machine when for a few dollars more you can have their top of the line machine. Case in point, I bought the X-terra 705 and spent a bit more than if I would have bought the cheaper X-terra's, but I know I won't be sorry.

pistolpete

Jan 23, 2006
Fort Erie,Ontario,Canada
Detector(s) used
1280,excal,pi pro,sea hunter 2,x terra 70

Seeing you're from Windsor, have you tried Jeff at Middlesex Detectors or Rob at Golden Horseshoe Detector sales? Getting from the US will cost you the exchange, shipping, GST and PST plus if shipped by UPS, brokerage fees. See if one of the mentioned dealers will sell you the Excal at par, worth a try.

diggertim

Nov 16, 2007
Catasauqua PA

igorsr said:
Looking for the best price to buy online. Looks like most are selling for about the same amount. Some add extras but most of the extras are stuff I would not want. I would like hip mount and maybe straight shaft or a better price and nothing tossed in. Let me know your experience.
Thanks

I have a brand new, never out of the box E-trac. I wanted this as my land machine and was trying to get an Excalibur for the beach however, having no luck selling the White's, I'll sell the E-trac and buy the Excalibur. I'll sell it for $1250.00 if you're interested.

Attachments

• !Bh4Hl6wBGk~$(KGrHqMOKiEEslOYYzCeBLLYqp06og~~_35.jpg
    !Bh4Hl6wBGk~$(KGrHqMOKiEEslOYYzCeBLLYqp06og~~_35.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 319

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II

Ronald99 said:
Kellyco has free shipping and if you live outside state of florida no sales tax.Plus Minelab has a Christmas special backpack plus nice acc with it check out Kellyco website i have purchased 4 Minelab Detectors from them and have been very happy, NO OUT OF STATE SALES TAX IS AWSOME,
Also Kellyco sells a black web belt either 2-3 inches that snaps togeather, I have my excal mounted to the web belt its more stable than the cheap device that is provided to hip mount with, and easy to set upAlso purchase a straight shaft, i wear my excal on my side and have purchased a shoulder harness that ataches to the shaft and takes the extra weight off my arm and i can detect longer.Good luck on your purchase and if you decide on Kellyco i know you will be happy and also have a top of the line detector.They also sale long handle beach scoops that you will need for the beach and water, Good luck.

Are you saying that you wear it running up and down like a knife strapped to your leg or is it on your torso? I am also assuming that the way you have it attached
to the belt, is you just punched holes into the belt? :dontknow:
Just trying to picture this and figure out a comfortable setup since quite a few like to keep it off the shaft.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SYKO said:
Ronald99 said:

Are you saying that you wear it running up and down like a knife strapped to your leg or is it on your torso? I am also assuming that the way you have it attached
to the belt, is you just punched holes into the belt? :dontknow:
Just trying to picture this and figure out a comfortable setup since quite a few like to keep it off the shaft.

The only comfortable way to keep it on the shaft is if you get a straight shaft to mount it to. I have wore it on my belt, hanging from my neck and on my waist, am I prefer the straight shaft. There is less wear and tear (kinks, nicks, scratches, etc) on the controls and cables where they enter the controls that way (A major plus). Weight is not a problem on the straight shaft, and you would not believe how comfortable it is when you use the shoulder harness with bungie, that is in my personal opinion the best way................You can let go of the detector completely in the water chest deep to recover a target and the Excal hangs right by your side.......

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Yeah I planned to make a straight shaft, with controls behind elbow, wasn't sure about hip mounting. The bungee thing sounds like using your weedeater
and having most of the weight supported by shoulder. Sounds like that would be a good setup.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SYKO said:
Yeah I planned to make a straight shaft, with controls behind elbow, wasn't sure about hip mounting. The bungee thing sounds like using your weedeater
and having most of the weight supported by shoulder. Sounds like that would be a good setup.

Exactly what it is. I can and have hunted for over 8 hours with the harness... I got mine at Kellyco, it is so valuable I carry a spar set incase I lose one. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread