surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello jferreira,

Welcome, and thanks for the video. It looks like there were many happy participants.

Telma%2BMonteiro%2B2012%2BOlympic%2BGames%2BOpening%2Be-Lz--UXb04l.jpg

OP
OP
jferreira88yr

jferreira88yr

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2014
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro+wot 14''
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, was a medieval pilgrimage site (1500-1800), there was a chapel, which was destroyed by the earthquake 1755

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi There-

Nice video, looked like fun. That's an interesting way to fold the entrenching shovel at 3.38. It never
occurred to me. You learn something new every day!

Tenha o divertimento e a boa sorte!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal detecting supposed to be illegal in Portugal - unless you are one of the lucky few with a permit
I had my machine confiscated - was threatened with a fine and arrest - and I was just hitting a beach
heard guys from UK were going over and hitting roman and other old sites and taking relics back home and selling them
so Portugal made a law that any detecting was illegal - the permits are real hard to get and even they are for beach areas only

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
metal detecting supposed to be illegal in Portugal - unless you are one of the lucky few with a permit
I had my machine confiscated - was threatened with a fine and arrest - and I was just hitting a beach
heard guys from UK were going over and hitting roman and other old sites and taking relics back home and selling them
so Portugal made a law that any detecting was illegal - the permits are real hard to get and even they are for beach areas only

casper, perhaps you are referring to this law citation:

Law

Notice it refers to archaeological items. Well, gee, if you were on the beach, where old (ancient) coins showing up? If not, and if you were only angling for modern tourist losses (jewelry, etc...) then you should have been outside the scope of such verbage. You should not have gotten in trouble. Unless of course you were parading ancient stuff to them, or had found such things. In the future, you show them the verbage prohibits searching/finding for "archaeological" items. Heck, you were looking for your wife's wedding ring she just lost, right? :hello:

Also those laws are probably specific to public land (they're public laws afterall, detailing what you can do on public land, doh!). So private farmer's fields, with permission, would be outside the scope/reach of such things. Not unlike Britain, for example, where they too primarily hunt farmer's fields with permission.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread