What's new

Best Scoop for Gravel?

ATGoldGuy

Full Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2013
Messages
189
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
Location
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to hunt small rivers and streams. I'm looking for the best scope for gravel. Is aluminum strong enough? What size would you recommend? Brand name suggestions? Any help would be appreciated!
 
Upvote 0
shovel a real one....
 
No...I want a scoop...strong but light. Hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.
 
On aluminum scoops the tips will bend and tear if you are digging in rocks in the rivers and streams. Stainless Steel is better but heaver.

You can buy aluminum scoop then put a SS lip on it with rivits, that is what I have done with my RTG Beach Brute II from Kellyco. .






3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM


We will NOT go quietly into the night!
 
I use the stealth scoop in AZ. mostly Gravel not much sand.
 
Alum is lighter but SS will last a lifetime. I've used many scoops and the best for me is the Sunspot Stealth. Stealth beach scoop
720i Sunspot.webpJoin NRA.webp
 
Last edited:
I have to agree with sandman, lots of great scoops out there but Lifetime Warranty is the deal breaker.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom