BEST SILVER FIND...WITHOUT MY DETECTOR!!!

jmastny78

Jun 13, 2014
Three Rivers, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000
What's good TNetters? It's been awhile since I've posted anything, snow has a habit of making metal detecting hard to do in these northern altitudes! Anyway, I am a manager of a retail chain and, as do all stores, we have to count down our registers at the end of the night. And, in true TN form I scan every denomination for that elusive silver! Well, tonight my lotto numbers hit! On my very last drawer I was counting the dimes and noticed that ghostly color of a silver dime! AWESOME! But, then I noticed another...and another....and another, by the time I finished going thru the dime cup I had pulled out 22 Roseys!!!! UN-FRIGGIN-BELIEVABLE!!! Definitely my greatest silver find ever and the best part...no cleaning afterwards!!! LOL thanks for checking these out and as always HH!

P.S. Totals: 3-1946, 1-1947, 3-1951, 2-1952, 2-1953, 1-1954, 1-1956, 1-1957, 1-1958, 5-1959, 1-1960, 1-1962

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1423371930.184089.jpg

Upvote 15

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's an awesome find. I started checking my change when I started MDing. No luck so far for me. You did much better.

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet that was a full roll if you could have got to it in time. Nice find.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver score!!

OP
OP
jmastny78

jmastny78

Jun 13, 2014
Three Rivers, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000
David680 you are probably right on that having been a full roll! And, junkhunter you are right on the money....no pun intended. I have had one other register find that topped this one, 2 years after I started this job someone paid with 6 walking liberties! I could only think they were stolen, the person was down on their luck financially, their kid raided their collection or they didn't know what they had.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulation on the large silver find!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The unexpected treasures are the best treasures :treasurechest::thumbsup:

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey!! great find!!
And, yes... so clean!
LOL
Good that you "look" at your coins!
In my cash drawer is how I found my one and only buffalo/indian head nickle

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! And no snow involved! Awesome!

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way cool!! I may sell my detectors and buy a cash register.

OP
OP
jmastny78

jmastny78

Jun 13, 2014
Three Rivers, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000
Update: I was at work yesterday when my cashier called me up to see if she could buy a role of quarters....it was a full role of Washington silvers that I didn't see the night before!!!! ARGGGHHHHHHHH

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats, I would have to get a change of pants, that is worth a months work of coin roll hunting lol.
David680 you are probably right on that having been a full roll! And, junkhunter you are right on the money....no pun intended. I have had one other register find that topped this one, 2 years after I started this job someone paid with 6 walking liberties! I could only think they were stolen, the person was down on their luck financially, their kid raided their collection or they didn't know what they had.
I had a similar experience, I was at the self checkout station and saw what was either a silver Washington or a Canada in a self service station that a cashier was loading with coins. I casually walk over and explained to her that I collect coins and as I was walking buy I noticed a quarter with a silver edge and if you would be OK with it is there anyway I could buy it? She said sure, it looks like a silver one here you go. Then she said that she had a tray full of "Silver Dollars". I thought they were Ikes or Kennady halves until she then said that they were from the '30s!! To think that I would have been completely thrilled with just the 1964 Washington I just got! Anyways I got a couple dollars ready, she walks to a cash register that is never used, it is a station just sitting in the middle of nowhere that is not used for checking out items. She opened the tray and I fainted!!!! A section of the tray was overflowing with Walking Liberty Halves!!! I got $20 from the ATM to buy all 32 Walking Liberty halves, the oldest two were from 1917, the rest were consecutive from 1934 to 1947 with some but not all mint marks. I felt bad that someone lost their collection, the cashier said that a person was upset because they did not work in the Coinstar. She had them untouched in that tray for months and everyone was annoyed and wanting to throw them out a window because they had to count them every night before locking down so they just put a label on them that said "$16". Anyways, That and my AU-Details 1803 Large Cent made my month.

silver!!!.jpg silver2.jpg

Coinman123,

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great way to acquire Silver, sadly that's the exception to the rule. Although you do hear stories of similar finds occurring it's just rare. My ex found 16-18 Mercs. 20 years ago cashing out a drawer on her job one day,and I guess my best luck was a 1909 vdb in my change one day. Great score, glad for you!!

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome find! People don't bother checking their change anymore it seems. I have been diligently checking my change back from transactions since the early 80's and sticking wheaties and silver in a coffee can when found. Last year the can was pretty full so I decided to mount my coins in mylar flips and display them. I had well over 500 coins from several decades of looking. Plus in the last 6 months or so I was given 7 wheaties, a few WW2 era nickels, a rosie and a near mint '59 quarter in returned change. Always feel like I won the jackpot when I get some silver change back from a cashier who does not know any better. HH :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions