Best week detecting, still amazes me... Barber Half...

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's start by saying... I am retired, soooo, I detect about 4-5 mornings a week.... 2-4 hours each day of actually swinging the coil...

Today, my hunting partner Dusty Miller had off from work and wanted to go out... We started at a 1910 house, and found out soon.. it was picked,

finding only clad, until Dusty pulled a Silver Rosie....

The next spot he wanted to go to, was where I found the 5 Walking Liberty"s Halves only 5 days ago... I didn't really want to go there because I hunted the hell out of it yesterday and only got a wheat cent. But, it's his only day off, and was close ,so we went there....

I'm only part Irish, but, I had the luck of the Irish with me all week and today it continued... I only found 1 wheat penny, when I got a 60 something 80 something signal and jumping all over. Thought at best it could be a clad quarter or junk.. (people still lived there , up to this year) tried to pin point , but, it was all over. I dug a plug and the pin pointer wouldn't pick it up.. re-scanned with the detector and it was off to the side some... dug another part of a plug and I see a Barber Half... OMG... I didn't even have a number VDI even close... Nothing over low 80's !!! Anyway, after pulling the Barber, I rescanned the area.. a couple targets about 4-6 " away from my hole... there was a part of a watch, a wheat penny and a piece of steel, that were interfering with my Half... I laid them out, about how they were around the Half ( see photo)

I even put a small blemish on the coin, because it was off center of my pin-pointing, with the trash... It's been over 16 year's since I found my
last Barber Half...

What are the odd's of finding 5 Walking Liberty , and then finding a Barber Half at the same sight, about 100 feet apart, with-in 5 days ??

I guess I'd rather be Lucky, than Good... LOL Glad Dusty talked me into going back there...

20170927_100611.jpg

20170927_100633.jpg

20170927_165708 (2).jpg

20170927_165547 (2).jpg

20170927_170050.jpg

After 28 years, I guess I'm entitled to have "1 Great Week"... Happy Hunting and God Bless the USA

Last edited:
Upvote 38
congrats on the awesome finds!

What a huge surprise lol. Gosh that's crazy, 16 years to find another barber half. Freaking awesome though, grats!

Basssmann you need to go buy a lottery ticket like right now!
I just started hunting this year and you found most of my bucket list in the last week!
Super COIN-grats to you!
I'm speechless!

Funny you said, buy a lottery ticket... I bought my 3 number this morning before I detected, but, just played a little extra about 20 minutes ago... LOLOL

Awesome job. I would be digging every iffy signal i got especially if i could hunt it when i wanted. I have found a lot of goodies being masked by junk.

Funny you said, buy a lottery ticket... I bought my 3 number this morning before I detected, but, just played a little extra about 20 minutes ago... LOLOL

Looks like you need to get one more to match each of your hunts from last week...
Last one will be a BIG winner!

Back to that great site with a friend even though you were not quite sure you wanted to.....and it all pays off! That Barber was a great find...and to know a place is rarely fully detected out is encouraging! Congrats!

Thanks Underwonder.... I've had so much luck this week, I'm sharing it with you and Time Machine.... May you both find something on your bucket list !!!!

Nice silver you recovered, it's going to be hard to repeat this past week of silvers.

Awesome Silver half.... Congrats !! You are on a well earned streak...may it keep on rolling your way.

Thanks Underwonder.... I've had so much luck this week, I'm sharing it with you and Time Machine.... May you both find something on your bucket list !!!!

Thanks!

Awesome barber! Congrats! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back