What's new

Better late than never. Thursday Great Results

Sheldius

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
751
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up my 2 boxes on Thursday and noticed a difference right away. One box was the usual bright yellow, but the other was more like highlighter yellow-green.

Maybe an older box, since they couldn't fill the order last week? Only opening would tell, but I was excited. ;)

Opened the "older" one that night, but I had company over so the rest had to wait for Saturday.

The "older" box was above average with 7 - 40%'ers and one weird 1973. It's black in the surface grooves and has a bubble on the obverse to the right of the portrait. The reverse has another bubble that would be under Kennedy's chin. A coin that was brunt perhaps?

Burnt1.webp

Burnt2.webp

Not bad, but not a richer box than usual. Then I moved on to box 2.
This one was great, with almost a silver coin in every roll. It was quite fun to open it up. Total take was 31 - 40%'ers and 1 - 1964. Plus, I got two 1982 P no "FG" errors. I have to check but I think I have a set of the nonsilver FG errors. Maybe time to post on eBay?

1982ErrorOb.webp

1982Error2.webp

1982Error1.webp

Below is the total take in piles of 6 -40%'ers (box two on left, box one on right) and the errors in the middle.
 

Attachments

  • SilverAug.webp
    SilverAug.webp
    65.9 KB · Views: 264
Upvote 0
Nice score on the silver. My bank has forgot to order my $700 for 2 weeks straight now. My hands are starting to shake!!
 
Nice haul on the silver. I would say box #2 was superb. Congrats Sheldius.

Maybe the more experienced folks can offer something on that 73. I'm curious too.

Keep em coming......
 
Nice Box!
I think the bubbles in your 73 are from a fire- an earlier post said that a pocket of moisture will cause a bubble - I've found at least 3 like that.
 
Good totals Sheldius! Georgia still has some silver left. Hope your next boxes are just as productive!!
 
Nice job Sheldon! I was hoping when I first read your post, that you had stumbled across your first Franklin or even a Walker! Nevertheless, nice haul! HH Gpurs. Good pics as well..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom