What's new

Better than a kick in the pants

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2013
Messages
1,632
Reaction score
3,078
Golden Thread
1
Location
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to a new permission earlier this week. The house was built in 1832 and has a huge property. It was a shot in the dark, but I pulled up the driveway and saw a guy that I used to work with. We chatted for a bit then I asked him who owned the house, to which he replied, "me!". Well then! Permission was granted. I stood there and talked to him so long that I only had 30 minutes left to swing the coil. He said the original owner had a ton of outbuildings, including a blacksmiths shop, net sewing shed and a place where he poured lead to make net weights. Also said that the owner in the 19 40s had a weird love of sardines, and would throw the cans everywhere. He wasn't joking! !! Sardine cans literally everywhere! I did manage a few keepers amongst the trash. Got a 1976 dog tag, 1935 wheatie, a piece of Victorian costume jewelry, a 1908 V nickel and an 1859 Vicky LC. I'll head back there again before the snow flies. It'll be better in the spring when the grass and brush are beat down. Gave the wheatie, tag and jewelry to the land owner, so no pics. Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20161018_122445.webp
    IMG_20161018_122445.webp
    247.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20161018_130527.webp
    IMG_20161018_130527.webp
    158.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Upvote 28
Nice Canadian large cent. I got one of the same year out of the Detroit River this summer.
 
great_find.gif
Nice finds! Bet that 1859 will clean up nicely. Thanks for sharing...
 
Nice job on the Canadian Large Cent. I bet it will clean up nicely.
 
Sounds like a fun day! Congrats on your finds. -Lisa & John
 
Thank guys. I'm looking forward to going back. Hopefully there's some silver hiding in there :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom