BH Tracker 4 Review

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
The tracker4 was my first detector 3 years ago and i am still using it.

Pros: really durable, easy to use, has a built in speaker so you dont have to use headphones, inexpensive, doesnt find nails except on all metal mode, easy to pinpoint, Lightweight.

Cons: Can't but aftermarket coils, lacks depth, cant find really small objects like gold chains, no LCD readout, no target ID, depth is not accurate.

All-in-all its a great detector for the price, i recently got a cobra beach magnet and i decided to keep using my tracker4 on land for 3 reasons: The cobra still makes little blips over all the nails in the ground, and also its too hard to pinpoint, and its too heavy....so water only!

samirnazear

Sep 23, 2005
JakePhelps said:
The tracker4 was my first detector 3 years ago and i am still using it.

Pros: really durable, easy to use, has a built in speaker so you dont have to use headphones, inexpensive, doesnt find nails except on all metal mode, easy to pinpoint, Lightweight.

Cons: Can't but aftermarket coils, lacks depth, cant find really small objects like gold chains, no LCD readout, no target ID, depth is not accurate.

All-in-all its a great detector for the price, i recently got a cobra beach magnet and i decided to keep using my tracker4 on land for 3 reasons: The cobra still makes little blips over all the nails in the ground, and also its too hard to pinpoint, and its too heavy....so water only!
A possible the aid
At me Compass Xp's machine is 350 for the revelation of the metals
And I want its instructions
And I am Shaker for you

Gretchen

Aug 2, 2004
I have a Radio Shack Discovery 100 which is a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. It was a swap meet special of $10.00. I have found jars of coins with it, including silver. Just found a 1935 S Mercury dime in a campgound today. I am lucky I am able to metal detect in areas that no one does. Anyway I love my light weight basic detector. Pinpointing on my other detectors is a pain. Also the LCD target display with the needle jumping all over gets on my nerves. I love my meter, run without earphones (I'm in the forest and don't want a bear, mountain lion, or a two legged one to sneak up on me) Also Rattlesnakes to look out for. I love the toggle switch from metal to discriminate to tone. I run the machine mostly on tone. I don't miss nickels or gold rings. I am lucky there is not much trash in the parks or campgrounds. Also the machine works well in the lakes up to the control panel.

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
A possible the aid
At me Compass Xp's machine is 350 for the revelation of the metals
And I want its instructions
And I am Shaker for you

Having dealt with many people that kinda almost speak English, I think this reads :

As a possible aid (to you),
My Compass Xp reads a 350 to find the metals (that you mentioned)
And I (like it's direction)
And I am (being honest with) you.

Not only going by the name, but by the dialect, I would say this guy is from the Suez area... maybe Egypt or Isreal.

T

tallpaul

At first I thought he was an old prof from my College days.
[/quote]

LOL ;D

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I love the tracker IV! I havnt found any rings or silver but i have found lots of junk jewerly and coins. I am pretty excited about finding a mode that will detect all the coins. I mostly hunt in parks or whereever people congregate.

Pros: Good modes, easy to use, waterproof coil, It is really easy to pinpoint with this machine. Also has very promising results. I got my first wheatie with this machine and am still using it. :D

Cons: Doesnt tell you the depth of the coin. No ID meter to see if its a coin or not. Also needs to just discriminate iron out completly. Should not detect iron at all.

Otherwise i am very pleaseed with my tracker IV and will keep using the metal detector until i think i need a new one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread