What's new

Bicentennial Quarters

airborne1092

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
633
Reaction score
649
Golden Thread
0
Location
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know - .25 cents is .25 cents is still only .25 cents!

However on a hunch, several years ago I started hanging on to all of them I came across and now I have a huge piggy bank full of them. I need to break em out and roll em up, maybe.


Anyone else here hang on to them? Am I just crazy? It seems like they're getting harder to come by lately...
 
Upvote 0
I have been taking these out of circulation for many years. I have a lot of them myself, at least 40-60.
 
This was mentioned a few weeks ago in a post actually.

I have two rolls of them myself... mixed mints and conditions.

They sell for a small premium on ebay... so even though they minted 1.6 BILLION of them in total... because they are "percieved" as a rarity... a lot of people take them out of circulation... like us. ;) And therefore they are harder to come by now and we can sell them for more! =)

Its not much... but the grandkids might get more out of it. =)

~Dave
 
Could you start hoarding bicentennial halves while you're at it? Please?
 
DrDetector said:
Could you start hoarding bicentennial halves while you're at it? Please?

You owe me an apology. You made me laugh out loud at work. LOL
 
got about 600.00 worth of them. no extra leafs or anything special, but once the books got filled, so did the tubes. I still collect them, ALL OF THEM. :icon_sunny:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom