What's new

Big Coil Holes!

I am just curious how many of us have ever dug a hole on a target so big to fit you coil in to find

  • Only when I feel the target is worth it.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only when I forget my pinpointer.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use a backhoe when I dig.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

toddsumm1

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2010
Messages
368
Reaction score
175
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just wondering the other day when I was out detecting if anyone else ever dug holes big enough to find a target with their coil. I have done this numerous times but not as often as I used too since I have acquired my pinpointer. I will admit that I have done it since the pinpointer use. Sometimes I just can't find that target with the pinpointer and I dig a hole so BIG I could fit my coil in it. I use a DFX300 by the way so that hole can be huge.
 
use a smaller coil thats what i use 95% of the time ..
 
get a pro pointer, the hole you dig will be a lot smaller
 
Only when detecting in areas where it would be okay. Never in a park, playfield, fair ground or yard.
luvsdux
 
luvsdux said:
Only when detecting in areas where it would be okay. Never in a park, playfield, fair ground or yard.
luvsdux

I agree. Never if someone can see it, but if digging a relic in the middle of the woods, yeah maybe. It depend how deep it is too. A target at 2", the ground can be parted... if its 1-2 feet, obviously it would need a bigger hole.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom