Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigticket...I think finding anything under the guidelines you set isn;t good luck but more sh.t luck... ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
bigticket

bigticket

Nov 9, 2005
Mainedigger said:
Bigticket...I think finding anything under the guidelines you set isn;t good luck but more sh.t luck... ;D ;D ;D
Did it hurt to come up with that thought?

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
I've made my wife turn the car around more then once because I thought I saw something. One time I did see something. I got a package with over $800 in it. I've found part of a golden locket a busted necklace and a toe ring by sight while walking along the beach. I also get rolls of dimes and nickles and when no one at work is looking I put them in the snack machines and hit the return. Its not much but I've gotten nickles as old as 1938 and a 1940 something mercury dime. Bottle dumps have been good to me and most don't need a detector to find. I found 1 bottle under a rusted piece of farm equipment that was valued at $300. I traded that for a beautiful dark amber eagle flask that is valued around $550. I ask for halves and $1 coins at the stores that I frequent. I've gotten some benjamin franklin halves and some ikes and $2 bills doing that. I also look at all of my paper money. I got a $10 that dates to the 1930's and some $5's that date to the 50's. Swizzle

T

TheDetectorist

bigticket said:
Mainedigger said:
Did it hurt to come up with that thought?

I think someone's panties must be chaffing.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
The first PROBLEM is the lady who began this whole "mess" by buying a detector and using it one day. How many of us can honestly say we found a Treasure the first day we bought a detector. NONE, no way. The only way it's even possible to accomplish this is by YEARS of research prior to the purchase. Then, the odds may go up slightly.
So, for her to do an accurate comparison is not possible.
My next comment is that for a Treasure Hunter, we don't expect to walk out and find a Treasure at a local park. Where did she hunt? Did she even know how to operate the machine? How many of us were experts with our "new" machines the day we bought it?
I have been hunting for approximately 15 (or so) years and have found a Cache. Would I have EVER found it without a detector. No possible way. Have I found a Cache without a detector. No possible way.
Next, what is "her" definition of "Treasure". A penny? A Gold Coin? A Chest full of Pirate Loot?
The History of the Research can even be considered a Treasure.
Just venting and giving my opinion.
xXx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread