🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met up with George nice and early today with the intention of doing some door knocking 1700s style. We drove by a place he has hit before and decided to pull in real quick, 1st target was the 64 roosie, I thought that was cool, 2 wheats later we decided to bail. Knocked a few doors and no answers at the doors and we didn't want to waste a lot of time so we knocked on 1 last door and got a yes, but the targets were slim, managed about 6 or 8 wheats there and left. Drove around a little more before we decided to hit yet another amazing 1700s site he has hit before and we spent about 2 hrs there, it started getting real hot out and we weren't finding much, that is before I decided to dig a weird signal, my VDIs were all over the place, the signal had a low iron grunt, mid tone, and that sweet high tone, dug down about 6-7 inches and found some nails mixed in with this sucker, 20150911_133143.jpg 20150911_133148.jpg :headbang:1945s Walker!!:headbang: my first walker half ever!!!, I tried my damnedest to not rub on it but me being me, I rubbed the bloody hell out of it, lol!!, managed another couple wheats 20150911_135212.jpg and the 1904 indian head before we decided to bail out and hit one last site hes been at before. Right away we both started hitting wheat after wheat, I got a cool "Excellor cattle fattener" fob/pin thingy, then finally I got a 1944 merc then the large cent that is almost totally un-identifiable to complete the Cent Trifecta! :headbang:, 12094-1.jpg that was the last target before we decided to take a walk towards the truck, got a 54 roosie on the way out and my last target was the cool "SOLARINE" watch fob down pretty deep beneath a layer of gravel. One of my favorite relics is the "Champion 6 Lever" lock face, ive seen em posted before and thought they were pretty cool, all in all it was a nice long/fun day out in almost perfect weather, the rain really helped!, Thanks for the fun hunt George! 20150911_190313.jpg 20150911_202410.jpg 20150911_202703.jpg 20150911_202431.jpg 20150911_202421.jpg 20150911_190322.jpg 20150911_202728.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 24

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow that half looks like it was bought from a dealer lol. Great shape! " Cool Excellor cattle fattener fob/pin " is right! Lol.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that half looks like it was bought from a dealer lol. Great shape! " Cool Excellor cattle fattener fob/pin " is right! Lol.

Thanks dave, I hear ya about the half, Im just confused how George got that planted for me months ago knowing we would go back there someday and Id put my coil over it, what a swell fella he is huh?, he wanted to make sure I had a good hunt!...................LOL!!!!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt Chris! The Solarine and Cattle Fattner (lol) items are pretty cool.

I'm going to grit my teeth and hide my jealousy and say CONGRATS ON THE WALKER. I need to hop a train and head down to Pennsilvervania one of these days.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course I knew about your day from texts, but you left out a few key parts of your day!!! Nice copper!!! ...I'll take a crusty one or even a blank over a modern silver so nice going. And them walkers are something right? I held my first one for about a day just to contemplate all that size, silver, and design...in fact I bet you're holding it right now!

Yeehaa

Steve

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome day! Very nice mix of finds and the fobs are great finds in my book! :thumbsup: Congrats!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt Chris! At least we spent quality time in the truck together. I really wish someone was home at the house I saved on my GPS!!! Oh well geuss I will have to give yhat house a swing by myself. Lol.
Maybe there will be a few wheats there???
How many firsts have you had with me now???? Lol.
Great hunting, you showed me up today.. Maybe I should get a Etrac?

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt Chris! The Solarine and Cattle Fattner (lol) items are pretty cool.

I'm going to grit my teeth and hide my jealousy and say CONGRATS ON THE WALKER. I need to hop a train and head down to Pennsilvervania one of these days.
Thanks JC!, a lot of fun, I cant believe the condition of that walker! those fobs both are pretty unique, I like those finds a lot

thanks again!

That's quite the hunt and finds....wtg.

Regards + HH

Bill
Thank Bill, it was a good day, fun time!!!

Of course I knew about your day from texts, but you left out a few key parts of your day!!! Nice copper!!! ...I'll take a crusty one or even a blank over a modern silver so nice going. And them walkers are something right? I held my first one for about a day just to contemplate all that size, silver, and design...in fact I bet you're holding it right now!

Yeehaa

Steve
thanks steve, im not holding that walker, just have it on my desk under the lamp staring at it lol!!

Awesome day! Very nice mix of finds and the fobs are great finds in my book! :thumbsup: Congrats!
Thank you erik, those fobs are pretty cool, of course my 2nd favorite finds of the day lol!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt Chris! At least we spent quality time in the truck together. I really wish someone was home at the house I saved on my GPS!!! Oh well geuss I will have to give yhat house a swing by myself. Lol.
Maybe there will be a few wheats there???
How many firsts have you had with me now???? Lol.
Great hunting, you showed me up today.. Maybe I should get a Etrac?

lol!!! I think your ok with your 2 top of the line machines!! Im sure that awesome place
is paved with colonial coppers/silvers! and yeah I admit, ive had about 3 or 4 firsts this
year thanks to the amazing area surrounding you, lol ok enough praising you before the
kissy face picture pops up again lol!!!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE KEYSTONE KILLERS!!! I demand that I find a Walker some day before I need to use one to dig one:-(

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE KEYSTONE KILLERS!!! I demand that I find a Walker some day before I need to use one to dig one:-(

Haha I hear you!

I actually just now got finished setting up a new permission at a 110 yr old house for Sunday...in AMERICA. I will be expecting a Walker lol!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha I hear you!

I actually just now got finished setting up a new permission at a 110 yr old house for Sunday...in AMERICA. I will be expecting a Walker lol!

You need a passport to hunt over here???? Lol

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that's what I'd call an outstanding day. :notworthy: Congrats on all those finds. The walker still eludes my coil. That IHP looks good and the dirt should come off easily.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks ace!, im gonna design a walker with detector and digger attachments on it, ill be a wealthy man, hell ill share the wealth so we can all retire and dig everyday! lol!!!

Haha I hear you!

Good Luck JC, hope ya kill it out there!

Now that's what I'd call an outstanding day. :notworthy: Congrats on all those finds. The walker still eludes my coil. That IHP looks good and the dirt should come off easily.
Thanks loco, im gonna use the toothpick method to finish cleaning that IHP

You need a passport to hunt over here???? Lol
that's gotta be a pain in the butt, but I suppose worth it with all the cool American coinage we have on our side lol!

You guys are killing it out there, maybe time to head north :laughing7:
Thanks VMI, im fortunate to be close to such an old part of the country

Awesome hunt..
Thanks a lot!

Excellent hunt, , that Walker is in great shape.
Real nice of George to SEED that hunt for you. lol
Thanks!, you couldn't even tell it was seeded, he did a good job digging that plug, placing the coin with nails above it, and watering the hole so the grass grew in nice, it fooled me lol!!!

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wicked awesome hunt:occasion14: I would have been happy with just a Indian or blank copper, but that silver half is sweet:headbang: Love all those relics:rocks3:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread