🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met up with George nice and early today with the intention of doing some door knocking 1700s style. We drove by a place he has hit before and decided to pull in real quick, 1st target was the 64 roosie, I thought that was cool, 2 wheats later we decided to bail. Knocked a few doors and no answers at the doors and we didn't want to waste a lot of time so we knocked on 1 last door and got a yes, but the targets were slim, managed about 6 or 8 wheats there and left. Drove around a little more before we decided to hit yet another amazing 1700s site he has hit before and we spent about 2 hrs there, it started getting real hot out and we weren't finding much, that is before I decided to dig a weird signal, my VDIs were all over the place, the signal had a low iron grunt, mid tone, and that sweet high tone, dug down about 6-7 inches and found some nails mixed in with this sucker, 20150911_133143.jpg 20150911_133148.jpg :headbang:1945s Walker!!:headbang: my first walker half ever!!!, I tried my damnedest to not rub on it but me being me, I rubbed the bloody hell out of it, lol!!, managed another couple wheats 20150911_135212.jpg and the 1904 indian head before we decided to bail out and hit one last site hes been at before. Right away we both started hitting wheat after wheat, I got a cool "Excellor cattle fattener" fob/pin thingy, then finally I got a 1944 merc then the large cent that is almost totally un-identifiable to complete the Cent Trifecta! :headbang:, 12094-1.jpg that was the last target before we decided to take a walk towards the truck, got a 54 roosie on the way out and my last target was the cool "SOLARINE" watch fob down pretty deep beneath a layer of gravel. One of my favorite relics is the "Champion 6 Lever" lock face, ive seen em posted before and thought they were pretty cool, all in all it was a nice long/fun day out in almost perfect weather, the rain really helped!, Thanks for the fun hunt George! 20150911_190313.jpg 20150911_202410.jpg 20150911_202703.jpg 20150911_202431.jpg 20150911_202421.jpg 20150911_190322.jpg 20150911_202728.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 24

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your first Walker. I know that you have been wanting to find one. Very good day!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wicked awesome hunt:occasion14: I would have been happy with just a Indian or blank copper, but that silver half is sweet:headbang: Love all those relics:rocks3:
Thank you creade, I went 3 years without finding a half at all and this year ive found 2 in about a 2 month period, this hobby is weird lol!!
Nice going on the great looking half and the other finds as well, liking the fob and then feed one also as it gives a hunt some variety over those boring planted big silvers.:)
Were you just using the standard 11" coil or something smaller?
Thanks Pepper, I was using the standard 11" coil, I have a sniper coil but I hardly ever use it, I bet it would've helped in some of the iron!
Congrats on your first Walker. I know that you have been wanting to find one. Very good day!
Thank you tom, I guess it was only a matter of time huh? I do believe I like this one more than my first ever half the 1904s Barber, the walker is much nicer design in my opinion

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Pepper, I was using the standard 11" coil, I have a sniper coil but I hardly ever use it, I bet it would've helped in some of the iron!

I'm starting to really like the 8" and the 5"sniper coil in around the nail/iron infested sites. I find that depth isn't an issue with either coil as it'll gets down there to where the 11" is grabbing the targets. The few things I'm enjoying with sniper coil is the weight reduction, the fact that the 11" will hit on both sides of the coil for the same small iron then if there's another very close it gets down right crazy. Where as the sniper will give a break between the two, now I've got a area where it's not good either as a number of small sq. nails, a bent one thrown in and it seems that a high chirp and reading will come up still. one other thing about using the 5" sniper is that the site lasts a lot longer.:laughing7:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a great day! Love that watch fob and any day you dig a Walker is a great day. I've dug quite a few of them over the years. I dug two in 2011 and haven't found one since! George is definitely making a lot of people happy :laughing7:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm starting to really like the 8" and the 5"sniper coil in around the nail/iron infested sites. I find that depth isn't an issue with either coil as it'll gets down there to where the 11" is grabbing the targets. The few things I'm enjoying with sniper coil is the weight reduction, the fact that the 11" will hit on both sides of the coil for the same small iron then if there's another very close it gets down right crazy. Where as the sniper will give a break between the two, now I've got a area where it's not good either as a number of small sq. nails, a bent one thrown in and it seems that a high chirp and reading will come up still. one other thing about using the 5" sniper is that the site lasts a lot longer.:laughing7:
I need to bring my sniper coil out a bit, it's been so hot admittedly I've been cherry picking some places, can't wait for fall weather already!

You had a great day! Love that watch fob and any day you dig a Walker is a great day. I've dug quite a few of them over the years. I dug two in 2011 and haven't found one since! George is definitely making a lot of people happy :laughing7:
thanks steve, I love walkers, glad to finally get one, in pretty darn good shape too!, george worked his butt off yesterday to put us on some good spots

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I need to bring my sniper coil out a bit, it's been so hot admittedly I've been cherry picking some places, can't wait for fall weather already!

thanks steve, I love walkers, glad to finally get one, in pretty darn good shape too!, george worked his butt off yesterday to put us on some good spots

We've had a good 12hrs of rain now, and it looks like it's going to be coming down for another 24, nice and slow soaking in deep. We had a really wet summer but just a couple of hot spells and no rain dried everything up really bad in some areas.

digndeep

Jul 28, 2014
cambridge,md
Detector(s) used
Xp ORX, whites v3, whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome hunt!,congrats on the walker

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
cjon455