BIG gold in estate garage sale.. $3 for $200 worth of gold

blai745

May 5, 2010
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a about 3 months ago where I first got interested in treasure hunting in garage sales in which I also do scrap gold buying..Anyways while I searched thru my list of garage sales I stumpled upon a estate sale, so I thought Why not?? and went in.. looking around for about 15 minutes I saw a bag with about a dozen pieces of jewelry..looking thru them most said gold filled..but there was a gold hair pin with a small diamond and marked 14k...my heart was beating fast..I asked how much for the whole bag??? the lady said 3 bucks. so I paid and left..I also saw a tie clip that was gold tone but looked too good to be gold toned...so I took the rest home and found out the tie clip was marked 14k also and turned out the be solid gold and wieghed around 8 grams.. So with the gold hair pin it was about 10 grams of 14k for only 3 bucks...well that was when 14k was around 21 dollars a gram and I already sold it for melt...but that was definetly the best estate/garage sale score for me..

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
blai745 said:
This is a about 3 months ago where I first got interested in treasure hunting in garage sales in which I also do scrap gold buying..Anyways while I searched thru my list of garage sales I stumpled upon a estate sale, so I thought Why not?? and went in.. looking around for about 15 minutes I saw a bag with about a dozen pieces of jewelry..looking thru them most said gold filled..but there was a gold hair pin with a small diamond and marked 14k...my heart was beating fast..I asked how much for the whole bag??? the lady said 3 bucks. so I paid and left..I also saw a tie clip that was gold tone but looked too good to be gold toned...so I took the rest home and found out the tie clip was marked 14k also and turned out the be solid gold and wieghed around 8 grams.. So with the gold hair pin it was about 10 grams of 14k for only 3 bucks...well that was when 14k was around 21 dollars a gram and I already sold it for melt...but that was definetly the best estate/garage sale score for me..

Isn't it a wonderful feeling? And here's the funny thing, in my relative inexperience -- if you look hard you WILL find it . . . over and over again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread