- Joined
- Apr 24, 2010
- Messages
- 13,021
- Reaction score
- 28,183
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Upper Canada 🇨🇦
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
Found this today at a home built in 1874. The house sat empty for a few years and burnt a number of times.
The original owner wanted the house torn down to develop the property for commercial use, it's now being saved and restored as a restaurant. 
Anyway, I found this in the front yard of the house, it was about 10" down. Made of cast iron, dimensions are 11.5"L x 3.5"W, approx. weight 1.5lbs.
I think it might have been part of the coal chute for the house, what do you all think?
Thanks,
Dave
The original owner wanted the house torn down to develop the property for commercial use, it's now being saved and restored as a restaurant. Anyway, I found this in the front yard of the house, it was about 10" down. Made of cast iron, dimensions are 11.5"L x 3.5"W, approx. weight 1.5lbs.
I think it might have been part of the coal chute for the house, what do you all think?

Thanks,
Dave









