What's new

Big Nickle Search last week turns up a couple of Vs

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
2,484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Big Nickle Search last week turns up a couple of V's

I went through 1k in Nicks last week and got a couple of keepers. 1st of 5 bags produced the 2 V's

Mojo
 

Attachments

  • oldies.webp
    oldies.webp
    66.4 KB · Views: 414
  • war.webp
    war.webp
    54.8 KB · Views: 399
Upvote 0
Re: Big Nickle Search last week turns up a couple of V's

Now that is a nice selection: Buffs, War, and V's. Bet those were fun bags to search.

Congrats!
apush :read2:
 
Re: Big Nickle Search last week turns up a couple of V's

Nice find :thumbsup: :thumbsup: As always great pics too ! I'd love to search that many nickels but I'd either go blind or coo coo. :laughing7:
HH
Rich
 
Re: Big Nickle Search last week turns up a couple of V's

That war nick in the bottom row is in awesome shape. What is the year? Nice cull on the nickles.
 
Re: Big Nickle Search last week turns up a couple of V's

nice finds Mojo....always seems to be some keepers when searching nicks.....just wish i could get bags around here. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Big Nickle Search last week turns up a couple of V's

Diver_Down said:
That war nick in the bottom row is in awesome shape. What is the year? Nice cull on the nickles.

That 43P and the 57 right next to it seem to be Chrome plated. It would give it about the same grade as most of the rest.

Rich Hartford said:
Nice find :thumbsup: :thumbsup: As always great pics too ! I'd love to search that many nickels but I'd either go blind or coo coo. :laughing7:
HH
Rich

Oh I was done with them after the 3rd bag and had to grind out the last 2. Every $200 is equivalent, in terms of dumping, as a 2 boxes of Halves. So I have been topping off my half dumps with nickles for the last week and will slowly cycle through them.

apush said:
Now that is a nice selection: Buffs, War, and V's. Bet those were fun bags to search.

Congrats!
apush :read2:

Yea. The first bag I cracked open and poured out on the table to search, I was treated with a nice V sitting on the top of the pile. the 2nd one came close to the end of that 1st bag. But as I said towards that 4th bag I was getting tired and I still had to keep up with my Half orders. But finding 1 or 2 Wars and a Buff here and there kept me motivated.

mistergee said:
nice finds Mojo....always seems to be some keepers when searching nicks.....just wish i could get bags around here. :thumbsup:

Every bag had something in it. so my interest was peaked.

Mojo
 
Re: Big Nickle Search last week turns up a couple of V's

Love bags off the counter. The uninformed toss away so many nice things for us scroungers to pick through. Congrats on the awsome score. Five bags is quite a odyssey to search.
 
Re: Big Nickle Search last week turns up a couple of V's

Nice gain on the Nickels Mojo! :headbang: Should I get a bag of nickels to search since they seem to be doing so well? I'll let everyone else decide. :laughing9:
HH
Gilbert
 
Re: Big Nickle Search last week turns up a couple of V's

enamel7 said:
Nice gain on the Nickels Mojo! :headbang: Should I get a bag of nickels to search since they seem to be doing so well? I'll let everyone else decide. :laughing9:
HH
Gilbert

I looked at 20,000 Nickles to pull a handfull of keepers. I still need to dump half of the rejects. My back hurts and my eyes itch. It took me about 6-7 hours to weed through them.

You tell me. Will I stop doing it? Probably not. I can't help myself. I will say this, there is an endless supply of Nickles out there.

Like anything else if you have the time and desire to do it, "Go For It" You never know what your gonna find.

Mojo
 
Re: Big Nickle Search last week turns up a couple of V's

dang! nice finds! keep it up and hh!
 
Re: Big Nickle Search last week turns up a couple of V's

Makes me wish I could find bags ??? Thats alot of searching though. Hard work=Nice finds :thumbsup:
 
Re: Big Nickle Search last week turns up a couple of V's

Nice finds Mojo. I do a lot of nickels too and I have noticed a clear GAIN in older nickels found over the course of the last 5 years (since I have kept detailed records). More pre-60s (a LOT more) in circulation now compared to previous years, and more Buffs. I'm holding steady at 1 V every 100,000 nickels and 1 war every 2000 nickels. One thing is for sure though...when I find a 1939D I will stop searching nickels and move to dimes to complete the Roosevelt set.

I did find a 1961 proof nickel yesterday...I've been getting more proofs as well turning up.
 
Re: Big Nickle Search last week turns up a couple of V's

nice, I see you got a few war nickles too. Looks like a good hunt!
 
Re: Big Nickle Search last week turns up a couple of V's

Wow Mojo good effort there! that is a lot of Nickels to go through that fast and would be a lot of work! and I am sorta envious of your V Nickel finds. have gone through right around 100,000 and Nada on the V's, so good work and HCRH!

Chuck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom