What's new

Big piece of heavily encrusted iron

fishbone3d

Full Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
204
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Whites Prizm III, Bounty Hunter
I just dug this today, in a very old early 1800's area. It is super encrusted with rust. I am putting it on electrolysis right now. It is killing me on what it is. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. ;D Here are two pictures of this whatisit.
 

Attachments

  • whatisit1.webp
    whatisit1.webp
    130.2 KB · Views: 265
  • whatisit2.webp
    whatisit2.webp
    115.6 KB · Views: 261
Hard to really do anything other than guess until its cleaned up but possible an ox shoe (those were 2-part shoes for cloven-foot).
 
Upvote 0
Thank you for the reply. :icon_thumleft: That would be one big ox lol. It weighs about 3 lbs at least. I have no idea still. I have it on the machine as we speak. I hope it is something recognizable.
 
Upvote 0
Yep, too much crud to ID right now. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom