What's new

Big silver and other neat things

skierbob

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Messages
954
Reaction score
91
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Just got back from a ski trip to Vail, Colorado. Decided to hunt a wooded area next to a rec center, where I had found some silver before I went skiing. The ground in the woods is still soft enough for digging. Found a few interesting items. The first thing was a lady's compact with a Washington medal on it from the Sesquicentennial Exposition of 1926. Then I found a junior police badge. Next, a Girls High School pendant on a chain. The next item gave me a loud, big silver signal. Unmistakable sound, I knew it was either a silver quarter or a silver half. Turned out to be a 1917 Walking Liberty Half. Then another big signal turned out to be a Mount Vernon Whiskey Token. I also found a V Nickel and a Buffalo Nickel. Also a few pennies, including an Indianhead and four wheaties, which I couldn't get good pictures of.

Here are the pictures. Hope they come out right. Got a little mixed up there. The first one should be the Sesqui-compact.

sesquiplus 001.webp

Next is the junior police badge:

sesquiplus 003.webp

and the Girls High pendant:

sesquiplus 004.webp

Next is the Walker:

sesquiplus 008.webp
sesquiplus 009.webp

The Whiskey token:

sesquiplus 002.webp
sesquiplus 007.webp

Buffalo and V Nickels:

sesquiplus 005.webpsesquiplus 006.webp

Here are two silvers I found there before I went skiing. A well worn 1915-D Barber Quarter and a 1943 Australian Shilling:

sesquiplus 010.webp
sesquiplus 011.webp

Thanks for looking.
 
Upvote 0
Great Silver!
Love the other 'Neat Things'! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom