What's new

Big Silver day at the beach!

time4me

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Messages
1,296
Reaction score
44
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
I had a few hours to drive to the beach and detect this morning, but rather than the typical recent drops you'd expect to find in August, I felt like I was hunting in January or February!

4 Walking Liberty Halves
1 Silver Washington Quarter
3 Mercury Head Dimes
1 Silver Roosevelt Dime
2 Buffalo Nickels
A bunch of 40's/50's Jefferson Nickels
19 Wheat Cents

Also found a new dollar coin, a bit of clad, a small silver ring circa 1940's/1950's, and a small silver earring with gold jump rings and hook.

The silver was all very toasted, so I gave up on cleaning it after my transformer burned up.

Here's everything straight from the pouch...

b1dfcfe3.jpg


The keepers...

30466bbb.jpg


4aac7d0c.jpg


Closeup of the silver...

1ed22e36.jpg


Cleaned a couple of the walkers and ring...

ff7988a4.jpg


a6862bc6.jpg


I was really hoping for some old gold. I know it's gotta be there. I hope to get back to this spot as soon as I can.

Happy Hunting,

Jim
 
Upvote 0
I love finding gold and all that, but the chance to find old coins at the beach is incredible.

Congrats on the nice finds. I hope to see more posted soon.

HH
 
Man that must be a virgin beach. Those are some nie finds......Matt
 
GET BACK TO THAT BEACH AND HUNT IT HARD AND HUNT HARD AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!!
 
you are definitely on to something at that beach. pretty impressive. like the others say: keep going! :icon_thumleft:
 
Those are the kind of days beach detecting
that most of us just dream about. Nice job
and post more treasures when you get back
there. HH Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Jim,

I'm getting Excited again...

A thought: try taking a rake to the beach and raking off 4" to 6" of sand at that spot and see if you might not pick up some Gold which is probably deeper.

HH Joe
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom