big silver, little silver, plus

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
I was sitting around waiting for the 1 to 3 inches of snow that was supposed to come today. But along about 11:00, it was still dry outside, just cloudy. So I said what the H am I doing sitting here. Got dressed in some warm clothes and off I went to hunt one of my old favorite haunts. Glad I did. It turned out to be a pretty nice day with only a few scattered flurries. It took about an hour before I found a coin, but what a coin it was. On the side of a hill in the woods, I popped a nice 1892 Barber Half. It was only about an inch deep. What a beautiful sound it gave on that old Explorer. I new it was at least a silver quarter when I heard it. After about another hour I was following a deer path down another hill when I got a penny-dime signal at 4 inches. Up popped a really nice 1905 Barber Dime. In another hole were two 1919 Wheaties. Then finally when I was climbing back up the hill to go back to my car, I got another good signal at about 6 inches. It turned out to be a neat, half-dollar sized, copper beer token. I also gound a couple bullets, a couple old spoons and a flattened 1924 Wheatie. Looks like it was laid on a railroad track.

Here's the Barber Half: biglittlesilverplus 007.JPG
biglittlesilverplus 008.JPG

The Barber Dime:

biglittlesilverplus 001.JPG biglittlesilverplus 006.JPG

The Wheaties:

biglittlesilverplus 002.JPG biglittlesilverplus 003.JPG

And the token: biglittlesilverplus 004.JPG
biglittlesilverplus 005.JPG

Upvote 0

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
wow , you have some nice finds there, great job.. :thumbsup:

ml hudson

P

Pentico

Man that dime is sweet!
Your cabin fever paid off...........
Great finds, best of luck in 09.........

DN

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on some great finds. Boy aren't you glad you got out. :occasion14:

pennyfinderjim

Oct 15, 2008
Greenville,SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE150
:icon_cheers: WOW!! Very, very nice finds. I really do like those Barber coins and both of yours look to be in great shape. The wheats and the token are also super nice. You,ve got a good place to hunt, it seems. Keep up the good work and HH from Jim. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread