Big Silver Reject Chute Score

jayholc77

Tenderfoot
Aug 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone,

I have been doing some coin roll hunting recently but nothing too big... a box of nickels here, a box of dimes there. I was at a bank near my work last Thursday night. This bank is one of my favorites because the coin machine there rejects silver and the plastic chute where the rejected coins come out is basically horizontal, so sometimes the coins get stuck in there and never reach the actual reject tray. Since few people know this, I often find coins stuck in there and pull them out... Haven't hit anything big until a couple nights ago. It's usually just a couple damaged clad coins and occasionally a silver dime or quarter. I was dumping $100.00 in dimes and curiously, the machine said that in addition to my dimes there were 11 halves dumped in. So I was credited for $105.50 when it should have only been $100. Since I didn't have any halves in my batch of coins, I thought this was pretty weird. When I was done, I looked in the reject chute, and saw a bunch more halves! There ended up being 16 40%-silver Kennedys in the chute. This is my first big reject chute find... gotta love a machine that rejects silver!

photo.JPG

Upvote 0

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
More, gotta love a civilian that DUMPS silver!

Nice save...guess there's still some out there.

joee5

Dec 16, 2015
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber II
Whites XLT
Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People need to check their coins before a dump.
Nice, easy score

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread