What's new

BIG Silver Sunday

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Luckily I was able to convince Todd Lipe to take me on one of his "guaranteed to find silver" hunts. The dude has a silver compass, it's awesome, the red end of the needle points toward silver. I have never seen anything like it.

The weather was nice, so we headed out early in the morning. We hit a couple of spots without much luck. Then we hit one of Todd's super secret spots, and right out of the shoot, I get a '48 Rosie. The spot also yielded some wheaties, including 1914 & 1917 and a '43 war nickel (OD's favorite).

I also found a small play money coin, made out of copper. It says "Uncle Sam Play Cent" on it and is dated 1949. I tried and tried to make a half dime out of it, but no such luck. I also scored some Tootsies.

I was feeling good about the day, but little did I know that Todd had saved the best for last. We hit one of his permissions, a nice big old brick house. As I worked the yard next to the driveway, I got a nice high signal, just like all of the other high signals that had been nothing but junk! I dug down about 4" and there she was... a big thick chunky girl... I recognized her immediately, Miss Walker!

Thanks to Todd for taking me on a really sweet hunt.

Thanks for looking and best of luck on your hunts!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150628_182538_692-2.webp
    IMG_20150628_182538_692-2.webp
    518.2 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_20150628_170803_886-1.webp
    IMG_20150628_170803_886-1.webp
    248 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_20150628_172409_654-1.webp
    IMG_20150628_172409_654-1.webp
    144.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_20150628_140343_244-1.webp
    IMG_20150628_140343_244-1.webp
    422.2 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Upvote 64
Congrats on a nice looking Walker.
 
Sounds like Todd is a great friend to me! Nice finds, and as you know, I love the tootsies! Toys are just great finds. WL looks in pretty good shape, fun hunt for sure. WTG & more HH!
 
Does Brad treblehunter know you found one of his halves?

Congrats in saving one from Mr. Treble, Tom
 
the only Walkers I ever see are at shift change for dope dealers!!!!!! Super Saver Tom does it again
 
Congrats Buddy, I used my mind to send the karma for you to find that Walker, nice War Nickel. I'm glad you found her. Check out what I bought on the interweb. Just come in the mail the other day.

20150629_222544.webp20150629_222553.webp
 
Congrats on your '43 Walker find Tom! :occasion14:

You definitely deserve it my friend!

Dave
 
I know its not as nice as your Barber.. but.
Way to go!!!! Thats the way to make Daddy proud!!!!! LOL.
SWEEEEEET!!!!
 
Great hunt! Nice variety. Congrats on the Walker
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom