What's new

Big Silver surprise in the Inland Empire.

Jaws2

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
408
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
Decided to head out to the Perris area in Southern CA to check out some properties that I have inspected for land development. I had been on this property a few years ago, 15 acers, and new that it had two or three demolished houses that were used for migrant farm hands to live in year ago.

I wasn't doing as well as I thought I would working around the exposed footings until I reached what use to be a raised wooden porch, I pulled back some of the old lumber and as soon as I made a couple of swings with my explorer I got the mixed tone back and fourth between 16 a 29 reading that normally means screw cap on my EX but after exposing the target I was surprised to see what appeared to be a small pill box. When I went to pick it up it was heavy and I became excited to see what was in the box.

Check it out!!

I want to thank all you guys for the responces you have posted. I guess because I spend 99% of my time on the beach I didn't realize the responce my find would generate.

Thanks again!
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    80.6 KB · Views: 7,430
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 7,383
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    63.9 KB · Views: 7,384
Upvote 0
Deepdiger60 said:
Great silver find congrates :icon_thumleft: is that silver pill box hand painted ? HH Jim

It appears to be hand painted with enamel paint.
 
Looks like the real estate biz has just picked up some steam! Nice hit there. Pretty box.
 
Congrats on a Banner find! I find that pill box much more appealing than the coins...what a BEAUT!!!
 
Nice finds!
I sure would've liked to see the look on your face when you popped that open.
Mike
 
The pill box is a beautiful find alone ... the silver coins in the pill box make it an awesome find ... congratz on a great find and making the banner!
 
congrats on the banner

that is one great detecting day congrats!
 
Very cool find! You just never can tell where treasure will show up! :icon_thumleft:

Steve
 
Holy Smokes...What a way to start 2010!! Congrats on making the Banner... :headbang: :hello2: :thumbsup:
 
nice score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF
 
I know it's been said a bunch but...WOW, what a way to start off the new year, how do ya top that for the rest of 2010.

Congrats on the too cool for words find. :hello2: :hello2:
 
Congrats on your banner find. :thumbsup: Great way to start the new year.
 
COOL FIND WAY TO GO
 

Attachments

  • ok_face.gif
    ok_face.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 5,077
  • Way to Go!.gif
    Way to Go!.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 5,063
  • ok_face.gif
    ok_face.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 5,066
WOW! I love the silver box the most! Great find! :thumbsup:
 
Please don't discount the value of that box too quickly - it definitely looks like silver.
 
i bet you one of those silver coins that its not going to be 99% on the beach hunting anymore. congrats. willy
 
Awesome cache find! The pill box also looks to be silver. HH and congrats, Mike
 
dfx willy said:
i bet you one of those silver coins that its not going to be 99% on the beach hunting anymore. congrats. willy

I think your right, I am heading out to Vista area this morning, I know of a few spots in that area that may be holding some old silver.

Thanks for looking.
 
Congrats, that's one sweet little cache :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom