Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did pretty well with big silver this weekend and a very exciting find. Best find was today, a 1925 Stone Mountain Memorial commemorative half dollar! I didn't know what it was so I had to text Don in Brewster A photo of the coin and he identified for me. Said it was a rare Metal Detecting find. I also found two silver Washington quarters today 1945 and 1953. Also today I found a cast army figure not sure how old it is I'm thinking it portrays an army man from World War II, Any information would be appreciated.

Saturday hunt, got out with Don in Brewster, and two other friends and hit two separate places. My finds consisted of two Indian head pennies 1899 and 1904, a V nickel I believe 1902, and I photographed a five cent piece from Trinidad just because I thought it was neat to find this in New York 1966. And the worlds smallest Croto bell LOL probably for a pet collar.

My best finds from Saturday were 1898 barber quarter, 1915 barber dying, Mercury dime 1917, and also found a 1944 silver Mercury dime.

I also uncovered a really cool one piece button, thin like a flat button but with a portrait of a woman with some type of background, on the back of the button it says O.M.M. PARIS, i've had no luck identifying it, any help would be appreciated I also have a post on what is it.

Enjoy the photos, I'm very happy with this weekend, thanks for looking.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463965200.751425.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463965218.149394.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463965231.252816.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463965250.177170.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463965262.235237.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463965286.179083.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463965303.842968.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463965315.886372.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463965334.204408.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463965344.242820.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463965356.299301.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 15
Man you where really on it. That Stone Mountain is totally cool. Did you know what it was at first?

Another photo of the army figure in my hand for size referenceImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463966361.344824.jpg

Man you where really on it. That Stone Mountain is totally cool. Did you know what it was at first?

I had no idea what it was I had a text photo to a friend of mine and he identified it for me.

Awesome finds. Love the Stone Mtn piecel.

Sweet finds, nicely done Andy,
I sent you an email, , that is really a hard commemorative to come by.
Congrats

That is a rare find...maybe the first ever Stone Mountain comm. ever found? Sweet!

Nice Stone Mountain half, those were sold to help raise funds for the construction of the monument of the same name. Unfortunately they didn't sell enough to cover the full costs of the construction. There was a huge controversy when these coins were first suggested to the US mint, for obvious reasons, and they ended up removing the image of CSA President Jefferson Davis from the coin - even though he appears on the Stone Mountain monument itself. Interesting story right there that deserves a looking into if you enjoy history. :treasurechest::thumbsup:

You killed it, Congrats!!

Killer find DD. I bet you were like WTF is this for a second. Big silver rocks, but a stone mountain is even better. Congrats and keep it up!

You outdid yourself Dude. The Stone Mountain half dollar is just so cool. I've found rarer coins many times, but as these halves were generally saved it's really rare to find one in the ground. Highlight piece in anyone's book. Also like that button. I'm no expert, but it appears Dutch. Would love to see someone chime in with an ID. Great going!

You had yourself a couple of awesome hunts- Congrats on the great finds!!

-- Jeff --

Damn the New York CTX mafia is slayin it!!!!! 8-)

Ditto on the army man!

Last edited:
Killer find DD. I bet you were like WTF is this for a second. Big silver rocks, but a stone mountain is even better. Congrats and keep it up!

Yes! Once again I found myself saying WTF ! The date is so small (and I'm so blind) I couldn't read it. I never saw that coin before so I thought it was some modern commemorative like the new quarters except it was blued from the salt water. :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back