What's new

🥇 BANNER Big Swells + Big Surf + King Tides =

Slimpickuns

Full Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2014
Messages
164
Reaction score
381
Golden Thread
1
Location
Orange County, California
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT w/10"x 12" SEF Butterfly Coil, Fisher Impulse AQ Ltd.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here are the results of 6 night time low tide wet sand hunts with the Fisher AQ at a couple of hot spots at one of the beaches that got hit hard with some big swells/surf, as well as some king tides as icing on the cake. On the AQ I ran "Tone-Mode" and "All-Metal" depending on what part of the slope I was working Biggest gold ring out of the bunch was a tarnished 14k honker with a bird and sun weighing 20.3 grams. The "14K" pendant gave me a chuckle when I saw it, didn't even have to look for a karat marking on that one :laughing7:. Got quite a workout scooping out old deep lead and endless amounts of good sounded targets. Pulled a few silver coins among the other crusty silver: 2 Washingtons, 2 Mercs & 1 Barber.

Here's the total count:

18k - 3 rings - 4.8 grams
14k - 6 rings, 2 pendants - 36 grams
10k - 1 ring - 1 gram
Dental Gold - 2 crowns - 7.2 grams
925/Coin Silver - 107.5 grams
Lead - 22 pounds 2.4 oz
Clad - Haven't counted - Lots of nickels

Thanks for lookin!
1.webp
2.webp
3.webp
4.webp
5.webp
6.webp
7.webp
8.webp
9.webp
10.webp
 
That's quite the haul -- and a workout!
 
Well here are the results of 6 night time low tide wet sand hunts with the Fisher AQ at a couple of hot spots at one of the beaches that got hit hard with some big swells/surf, as well as some king tides as icing on the cake. On the AQ I ran "Tone-Mode" and "All-Metal" depending on what part of the slope I was working Biggest gold ring out of the bunch was a tarnished 14k honker with a bird and sun weighing 20.3 grams. The "14K" pendant gave me a chuckle when I saw it, didn't even have to look for a karat marking on that one :laughing7:. Got quite a workout scooping out old deep lead and endless amounts of good sounded targets. Pulled a few silver coins among the other crusty silver: 2 Washingtons, 2 Mercs & 1 Barber.

Here's the total count:

18k - 3 rings - 4.8 grams
14k - 6 rings, 2 pendants - 36 grams
10k - 1 ring - 1 gram
Dental Gold - 2 crowns - 7.2 grams
925/Coin Silver - 107.5 grams
Lead - 22 pounds 2.4 oz
Clad - Haven't counted - Lots of nickels

Thanks for lookin!
View attachment 2257255View attachment 2257256View attachment 2257257View attachment 2257258View attachment 2257259View attachment 2257260View attachment 2257261View attachment 2257262View attachment 2257263View attachment 2257264
I'd need to find a stash of Ibuprofen after that. You killed it there.
 
Well here are the results of 6 night time low tide wet sand hunts with the Fisher AQ at a couple of hot spots at one of the beaches that got hit hard with some big swells/surf, as well as some king tides as icing on the cake. On the AQ I ran "Tone-Mode" and "All-Metal" depending on what part of the slope I was working Biggest gold ring out of the bunch was a tarnished 14k honker with a bird and sun weighing 20.3 grams. The "14K" pendant gave me a chuckle when I saw it, didn't even have to look for a karat marking on that one :laughing7:. Got quite a workout scooping out old deep lead and endless amounts of good sounded targets. Pulled a few silver coins among the other crusty silver: 2 Washingtons, 2 Mercs & 1 Barber.

Here's the total count:

18k - 3 rings - 4.8 grams
14k - 6 rings, 2 pendants - 36 grams
10k - 1 ring - 1 gram
Dental Gold - 2 crowns - 7.2 grams
925/Coin Silver - 107.5 grams
Lead - 22 pounds 2.4 oz
Clad - Haven't counted - Lots of nickels

Thanks for lookin!
WOW, some great finds there! Looks like the pickuns weren't too Slim for those hunts, lol.
 
Well here are the results of 6 night time low tide wet sand hunts with the Fisher AQ at a couple of hot spots at one of the beaches that got hit hard with some big swells/surf, as well as some king tides as icing on the cake. On the AQ I ran "Tone-Mode" and "All-Metal" depending on what part of the slope I was working Biggest gold ring out of the bunch was a tarnished 14k honker with a bird and sun weighing 20.3 grams. The "14K" pendant gave me a chuckle when I saw it, didn't even have to look for a karat marking on that one :laughing7:. Got quite a workout scooping out old deep lead and endless amounts of good sounded targets. Pulled a few silver coins among the other crusty silver: 2 Washingtons, 2 Mercs & 1 Barber.

Here's the total count:

18k - 3 rings - 4.8 grams
14k - 6 rings, 2 pendants - 36 grams
10k - 1 ring - 1 gram
Dental Gold - 2 crowns - 7.2 grams
925/Coin Silver - 107.5 grams
Lead - 22 pounds 2.4 oz
Clad - Haven't counted - Lots of nickels

Thanks for lookin!
View attachment 2257255View attachment 2257256View attachment 2257257View attachment 2257258View attachment 2257259View attachment 2257260View attachment 2257261View attachment 2257262View attachment 2257263View attachment 2257264

Well here are the results of 6 night time low tide wet sand hunts with the Fisher AQ at a couple of hot spots at one of the beaches that got hit hard with some big swells/surf, as well as some king tides as icing on the cake. On the AQ I ran "Tone-Mode" and "All-Metal" depending on what part of the slope I was working Biggest gold ring out of the bunch was a tarnished 14k honker with a bird and sun weighing 20.3 grams. The "14K" pendant gave me a chuckle when I saw it, didn't even have to look for a karat marking on that one :laughing7:. Got quite a workout scooping out old deep lead and endless amounts of good sounded targets. Pulled a few silver coins among the other crusty silver: 2 Washingtons, 2 Mercs & 1 Barber.

Here's the total count:

18k - 3 rings - 4.8 grams
14k - 6 rings, 2 pendants - 36 grams
10k - 1 ring - 1 gram
Dental Gold - 2 crowns - 7.2 grams
925/Coin Silver - 107.5 grams
Lead - 22 pounds 2.4 oz
Clad - Haven't counted - Lots of nickels

Thanks for lookin!
View attachment 2257255View attachment 2257256View attachment 2257257View attachment 2257258View attachment 2257259View attachment 2257260View attachment 2257261View attachment 2257262View attachment 2257263View attachment 2257264
Yabba dabba doo! oh I would’ve loved to have joined you on those hunts. Congratulations and thank you for posting!!🏴‍☠️
 
You say you found not just 10 rings in six hours, but 10 gold rings in that time period?
Look at his post again, that was 6 nights of low tide hunts. We've had a massive swell out of New Zealand along with some extreme tides. Big cuts in some areas! Not so much up here in Central Cali Coast where I am.
 
Awesome Digs! Congrats on some fine hunts. Hoping we get some cuts to open this fall and winter here in New England. It’s been a while.
 
All I can say is Wow. You are getting me fired up to try my AQ after I get some batteries for it.
Thanks for showing.
 
You say you found not just 10 rings in six hours, but 10 gold rings in that time period?

All these finds were in a 6 night hunt period, meaning I went out 6 nights in a row at night. The lowest of tide cycles were at night, which I prefer anyway, less detector competition and less people to get in the way and ask "What's your best find?" . Spent around 5-6 hours per hunt working the wet sand slope as the tide went out, and as the tide came back in.. There was 1 hunt where I didn't find gold and was only able to pull out silver. When that happened, I switched to a different part of the beach for the next hunt and got back on the heavy deep targets to get back on the gold. All fun hunts for sure, time just flew by as I was pumping out non-stop targets pretty much the whole time.
 
All I can say is Wow. You are getting me fired up to try my AQ after I get some batteries for it.
Thanks for showing.
Congrats on getting the AQ! I've been using mine since 2020 and love it! I bought one of OBN's Big Batteries to go with it back when he was selling them to replace the wimpy 3 hour stock battery and it's definitely a game changer not having to worry about running out of juice during important long hunting sessions.
 
All these finds were in a 6 night hunt period, meaning I went out 6 nights in a row at night. The lowest of tide cycles were at night, which I prefer anyway, less detector competition and less people to get in the way and ask "What's your best find?" . Spent around 5-6 hours per hunt working the wet sand slope as the tide went out, and as the tide came back in.. There was 1 hunt where I didn't find gold and was only able to pull out silver. When that happened, I switched to a different part of the beach for the next hunt and got back on the heavy deep targets to get back on the gold. All fun hunts for sure, time just flew by as I was pumping out non-stop targets pretty much the whole time.
Yeah, I misread it. I must say, I've hunted for three hours a few times and four hours once, and I was WORE OUT afterward. I can't imagine lasting for a six-hour hunt. I wish I could, but my arm would be ready to fall off.
 
I can't imagine lasting for a six-hour hunt. I wish I could, but my arm would be ready to fall off.
Well you don't want that -- it would leave you unarmed!
 
Very nice 👍 Congratulations 🍹🍹
 
WOW !!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom