What's new

"Big" targets

bigscoop

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
14,653
Reaction score
9,097
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a "big" target in an area of rougher surf that I've made two attempts at trying to recover with no success. One of these days, when the conditions are right the thing is coming out if I have to employ half the people on the beach to do it! The curiosity has grown into an objective now! :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
HAPPY BIRTHDAY


your present will be the elusive 'chunk of whatever' in the sand :)

you get it. now I must know what it is also!!!
 
Happy Birthday, Bigscoop!


BE VERY CAREFUL DIGGIN" THAT TARGET:hello:
uh, oh!.webp
 
at 55, it sounds like a retirement decision..... and the target sounds like one of theose chests full of silver coins that have all fused together....... well, it could be...... HH, Papa
 
T_H: I agree even small surf can easily drag lawn chairs out as well as unwatched surf rod holders.
After detecting numerous sinkers, found a surf rod holder in waist deep water the other daly, like new condition, could still see and use the original bar code. I carefully recorded the spot, as it is most likely a great fishing hole.
 
Last edited:
Lorraine: As ship mines are hughe, it would more likely be a land mine.
Which type of mine found would be academic if it went Kaboom!

On the bright side, I recently found a small Japanese glass float attached to a fishing net.
 
Last edited:
at 55, it sounds like a retirement decision..... and the target sounds like one of theose chests full of silver coins that have all fused together....... well, it could be...... HH, Papa

No, not retirement, but I certainly have to get my ducks in order. Seems like yesterday I was only 35.
 
yea time flies.
I am 51 and hub is 48. We are talking retirement when he is 55. doing our best to make that happen. we shall see.
freedom to camp and metal detect would be awesome :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom