Big token day!

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, me and my hunting partner went to a huge field we have hunted for nearly 30 years. I broke out my rehabbed 1265X and found two buttons, plus some little bullets and a piece of a brass spike. So, we packed up, had a sandwich and headed over to a house built in 1863 in a small town. The yard was huge. I got the attached finds (the two buttons at the bottom of the button row were from the old site) and my partner got a 1901 Barber. I tried to use the Fisher, but the yard was full of stuff, so I broke out my Ace 350. The big cape button was the deepest, around 7 inches, the tokens around 4-6. Great day to be alive and hunting!

Attachments

• 20151213_180850.jpg
    20151213_180850.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 14

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling all those keepers. :occasion14: Man there has been a rash of 2 cent coin finds lately. Are all those tokens for the same business? :dontknow:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds. Congrats on the 2 center!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY ANDY NICE FINDS AND WELCOME TO TNET....

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to follow up and let you guys know that we went back to the same yard and I got another 10 cent token. I also got an Indian Head, but the folks with me really turned on. One got a King George Copper (no date), another got a large cent and somebody else got a walking liberty half. My big find that day was an art deco sterling ring. We still have not covered over 30% of the huntable area. The back section is uber-trashy because there was an auto repair shop in the back corner, but one member pulled out a silver Rosey from the trash, so it's there. Will try to post more photos. Thanks for all the likes, guys. It's good to be back in the saddle again.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to have a spot with all of that follow up potential

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About the tokens...They are indeed all from the same store, D. T. Simpson and Sons of Trappe, MD. They are thin brass of various denominations. The store was about three blocks from the house I found them at and from anecdotal info, it existed in the early-mid-1900s. Total silver so far has been 4 dimes (3 Rosey, 1 Merc), one quarter (Barber) and one Walker Half. Numerous wheaties and a couple of Indians, plus the two cent piece, one large cent and one British penny of mid-1700s vintage by the look of it. Will try to post photos when I get a chance of the latest finds. Thanks for all the encouragement. I have been field hunting for the last couple of years, so this yard has been a lot of fun.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on some great finds and what appears to have been a very fun day!

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going back, but not too soon. Don't want to wear out my welcome. On the way over Saturday, I made two predictions. One, that there should be large cents because there was supposed to be a house on the property prior to 1860, and two, that the building of the current house was relatively wealthy and some of the tokens were up to a $1 face value, so I believed that there was a good possibility of a silver half. Sure enough, two large cents (one US and one British) and one Walker have been found so far. The only downside to my prophecy was that I didn't find them! I am taking more photos these days with the idea of doing a second book on Treasure Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread