What's new

Biggest and Smallest silver on same hunt

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
Joined
May 14, 2015
Messages
2,521
Reaction score
2,238
Golden Thread
0
Location
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Silversmith and I went door knocking again Saturday. The first permission we got was circa 1860. The yard had been hit pretty hard and I didn't find anything for the first 45 minutes. But, then, my first half dollar, a 1908o Barber. How could someone miss this?!? A few feet away I got a tiny but solid hit that I thought might be a IHP. I dug, but couldn't find it, just a nail. I knew the hit couldn't be that nail, so I rescanned the hole, nothing. I scanned the plug...it was still in there. I started pulling away dirt and saw the rim of a tiny silver coin. I'm thinking half dime or trime! I pull the coin out, knock some dirt off and wow, it's better, spanish silver! Back to back digs, first half dollar, then half real! Unbelievable!
I also, found my first Buffalo, a 1928. I found what my wife is calling her favorite thing that I've dug, a sterling silver Paye and Baker bib clip. The rest of the finds were a 1918 wheat, 2 buttons, a small buckle and what I'm guessing is some kind of slash buckle or something. I could use some help identifying that last item and also the buttons. Here are the pics, thanks for looking!

20160220 finds.webp
20160220 1908o Barber Half.webp20160220 1803 Half Real mo.webp
20160220 1928 Buffalo and 1918 Wheat.webp
20160220 Button backs.webp20160220 Baby Clip.webp

Oh yeah, this was all found with the F75.
 
Upvote 58
Looks like an excellent hunt Caveman. Congrats on all of your "firsts".
 
That's a hunt you won't soon forget!! Congrats![emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut
 
Wow that's a surprise! First a half dollar and then a reale! Nice digging
 
Hell of a nice pile of keepers buddy
 
Id be very happy adding those to my collection..
 
great coins. love the baby bib clip.
 
I have to agree with your wife that bib clip is cool nice finds
 
That's a killer hunt CC. Congrats on the really nice silver coins.

The little old buckle looks good too.

It's shame that your first buffalo is so overshadowed by the other finds... poor lil buff is the bridesmaid again!
 
Thanks for all the replies. This year has started off with a bang. I hope it continues this way. Although, I can't imagine having a better day than this for quite some time, if ever!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom