What's new

biggest cut silver

Klclark3

Banned
Joined
Apr 20, 2013
Messages
365
Reaction score
524
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3300, AT GOLD, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20160513_190257.webp20160513_190249.webp
 
Upvote 26
wow that is nice, much bigger than the piece i found today
 
A story is always nice to go with cut silver finds. Also, something for scale so we can drool over the denomination.

Congrats
 
yeah, and you got the ruler and a partial date - 1700's
no idea of denomination?
how big (across the cut) is it?
seems like no clue otherwise.

SUPER Find! :thumbsup:
 
Did you find that? I own a quartered piece from an 1818 8 reale that was given to me, but still hoping to hunt my first one. That's one nice piece of silver! I'm originally from Northern Ky, so I guess I need to get up there to some old homesteads and get lucky. Would like to put some in a frame. If you decide to part ways with it, let me know!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom